Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G bluetooth paired but can not connect to Car

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G bluetooth paired but can not connect to Car

Hi

As I mentioned in the heading I have an HTC EVO 4G I have paired the phone with my cars bluetooth but the phone can not connect to the car. I had an HTC Hero before no problem and a blackberry also no problem. Anyone else experiencing this issue if so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisbeth

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G bluetooth paired but can not connect to Car

I am having a bluetooth issue as well. My earpiece is paired and works now and then. I can not make a call off it at all. It seems to choose when it wants to work or not when making/receiving. My headset is a plantronics 330.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey there,

I JUST finished posting the problem with my Motorola HX1 earpiece... same issue...

I'll keep watch to see what the resolution is!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi there,

My husband was having similar issues with using his bluetooth enabled radio and his EVO and we both were having problems transfering things to our daughters cell phone via bluetooth even though my husband and I could send things to each other, I have an EVO as well. If you go into settings, wireless & networks, then bluetooth settings and then advanced settings, check the box next too FTP Server. Now everything seems to work fine that we were having issues with. My local Sprint store checked this box to help me with sending files via bluetooth to my daughters phone and it worked. I didn't know what that setting ment so I never messed with it. Then today my husband said oh by the way after I checked that box now my bluetooth works fine in the car. I don't know 100% if this will help you, we didn't change any other settings on the phones, everything else on the phone we have had no issues setting up and works great! Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Ford Mustang with Microsoft sync.  I can pair as audio headset only reliably.  Its the download of the address book and that media side of things that seems to be bombing the whole process.  My fix - Unpair both on the Evo and deleted the device on the car.  Re-add the device, and say No to downloading the address book.  No voice dialing thru sync, which makes me sad, but all of the other settings I've tried (and I've tried alot) eventually seem to result in the bluetooth connection dropping, the cars display showing you're on a call, but its still on the handset, or simply sitting there displaying "Connecting" for an eternity.

Given the laws governing the use of mobile phones and the drive to Hands Free, I hope HTC and Sprint come up with a real fix soon on this one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem!  My EVO pairs with the car Bluetooth, but cannot connect.  Did you ever find a solution?

Journeyman

Add one more frustrated customer to this thread.  I posted a query on the same subject today.  My Evo "pairs" with my 2010 Mercedez E350 but won't connect.  I used the advanced settings and the FTP box was checked.  I de-activated the Evo from the car and vice versa, then re-activated, and still it won't connect.....  I'd love to find a solution to this glitch.  So much for "bluetooth compatibility".....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue with a 2010 Merucury Mariner Hybrid. It almost stopped me from buying the vehicle. Fortunately, one technician tried SYNC using the ipod cabling rather than connecting with bluetooth. It seems to have worked. One only needs the ipod cable for one time; unless, other phones are being used then one would need to use the ipod cable to reenter the Sprint HTC EVO.

macntory

11/2/10

Message was edited by: macntory

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I can honestly say I have had no problem with my car.  I have a Sony MEX-BT3800U In-Dash CD Receiver with Bluetooth installed in my car and I paired up my EVO with no hassle whatsoever. Not only can I take calls through my car stereo automatically now but I can also stream music via bluetooth from my phone to my car stereo, whether it be music on my evo or playing music on a service such as pandora. It's been a godsend since I do some long drives in my car.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a similiar problem getting my evo to work with bluetooth on a 2011 Honda Ody.  It would only connect via audio.  I watched the pairing process and it was trying the hands free profile but failing for some reason.  Too bad I can't easily get logs on the error. I tried wiping my contacts from the phone (after backing them up) and was able to pair.  I went back to gmail and deleted my contacts then readded them from my work outlook.  My phone still pairs fine, I'm just having an issue with the contacts loading into the system in the Honda.  Some contacts are misslabeled, some are missing, haven't figured out the cause yet.  I can still enter my speed dials into the Honda and use it that way, plus it will receive calls just fine.

I haven't had any issue with bluetooth once it was connected.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem with my 2011 Audi A4.  I finally got it to work and life is good.  I can now make and receive phone calls via bluetooth when I am in my Audi.  Ok this is how I got it to work.

1) I updated my phone when there was a firmware update that came out in early January 2011.  I believe it is Software number : 3.70.651.1, Baseband version : 2.15.00.11.19

2) Initiate bluetooth connection from your phone.  Then let the car find it.  You must input the security key on your car and not on your phone.  This is very important.  I always started device discovery from my car to my phone.  This time you should start discovery of devices from your phone to the car.  Once you input the correct security code into the car, it should pair and stayed connected.

I admit I found this by accident.  At that point I was so happy that my EVO stayed connected that I didn't care.

Hope that helps.

Message was edited by: PPHAM00

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, EVO will pair just fine and you can access phonebook, call history, dial from vehicle, access to Bluetooth audio media files of the EVO all from the steering controls as well as the dashboard on the Honda Odyssey.

Also one thing while pairing do not allow the vehicle to access your phone book when promted on the phone screen, just decline on your phone when it seeks permission to access phonebook, as once it's paired give it 10 secs and you will have all features available on the Honda's dashboard.

Cheers!

Successfully paired with Honda Odyssey, Lexus ES 350, Audi A6, Honda Pilot, Motorola T505

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat