ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G check out Sprint lack of service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G check out Sprint lack of service.

Love the phone it works GREAT !!!  Shame on SPRINT for not disclosing that there was a $29.99 per month per phone charge for the hotspot feature and when I called to ask about it they said even though it was not in the brochure or the ads that it was still in addition to the $10.00 data extra charge.  Please do not get me wrong the phone is well worth the price and the features are great but after being told buy Best Buy and the local Sprint Store Rep. that this service was included in the package and it included UNLIMITED data for 3 and 4G, then called *2 and was told sorry the stores do not know what they are doing and I still had 30 days to return if I did not want it, WOW been with SPRINT for 14 YEARS this is a new account opened for my business that is like AT&T customer service....

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G check out Sprint lack of service.

This information has been on the internet for about 2 weeks now, but most people don't troll forums like I do either lol. Still, I would suggest even just doing a google search to find answers about that too. As for the Sprint Corporate rep telling you that the hotspot feature was free, then you should call that store and let the manager know. Sprint can't become better if they aren't aware of people causing issues like that.

Journeyman

Those Fee's have been known for Weeks... Virtually no company advertises addition fee's for extra services, that's what the fine print is for.

Journeyman

Yes that is what they thought but *2 Tech Manager said he could not find it in any of there docs. but is a additional feature even though it was one of the 2 major advertising features this phone was to offer.  I talked to two different people @ *2 and neither could find it ANYWHERE....

Journeyman

I have contacted Best Buy local and Corp to let them know they should be sure people know about this and waiting on the local Sprint store to open tommorow so I can let the manager there know since I belive he was the one that spent almost an hour yesterday talking about this with me....

Journeyman

Sprint puts their employees through the trainings on the phone. I know that was included in the training (for retail consultants). I would guess that call centers should have received a memo at the very least. (And don't ever ask technicians about plans, because the know little to nothing about them.)

Journeyman

Be certain I am not unhappy with the phone or the service or even the cost as I am now paying the $29.99 extra and my bill for two lines will be around $200 a month, I just feel Sprint should do the quality of service checks they use to, I also know I spent a lot of time as could be verified for the last moth talking with MANY of there sales consultants to make sure this service would be right for me.  The first lady I spoke with today said they were getting 1000's of calls for the same thing I am upset about and when I ask for a manager she sent me to the second person, he said it is in the docs. I told him if he could tell me where I would be happy, he said it was in the additional services area and I explained I had no access to that till AFTER the purchase.  I was mostly upset Rep just did not seem to care but if I were getting slammed so hard with the same complaint I guess I would not be to happy....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat