cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4g discontinued.......

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4g discontinued.......

with sprint discontinuing the evo 4g, how will that effect an insurance claim? if lost, broke, ect. will you get a refurb. or an upgrade? if its a upgrade do you have to have a new 2 year contract?

14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4g discontinued.......

Don’t have a date when Sprint is going to discontinue HTC EVO 4G phone. In case if you want to file a Total Equipment Protection(TEP) claim, you'll get a refurbished phone(same model) or replace it with a device of comparable kind and quality. Let say if you want to upgrade your phone, then  you have to sign up for 2Yr. Advantage Agreement.

Thanks

Abe

Wizard

According to my list which I compiled form numerous sources, the EVO was discontinued back on Dec 2011, but none of the sources specify if its for the White one or the black one.

I guess they will issue one if its in stock somewhere or give you a device close to it. I read if you call CS or Asurion they may be able to tell you.

TS

Wizard

Both the Black and White EVO 4G (APA9292) were EOLed late last year. The only devices available for Advance Exchange or from Asurion are remanufactured devices. If there are any new EVOs still available, it is a limited supply.

Master

The Evo's have been listed on 3 different leaked playbook EOL list the last one stating Mid-March. So have they finally been officially EOLed?? Who really knows.

White - Sept
Black - Oct
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/383109-end-life-evo-4g-confirmed.html

Then again

Black - Jan

http://htcsource.com/2012/01/sprint-adds-evo-4g-and-evo-view-4g-to-end-of-life-list/
The latest
Black - Mid March

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2012/02/updated-end-of-life-listing-suggests-evo-shift-4g-and-white-evo-3d...

Journeyman

WTF! if this phone is going to discontinued then there really is no reason to stay with sprint at the end of my contract I will definitely be switching to Verizon and get a Droid Razor, Why in the world would they discontinue one of their best phones? Just ridiculous

Journeyman

Asurion phones are refurbs anyway. As long as people keep doing insurance claims on repairable phones, there will be a replacement. If they run out, they replace it with something similar. Just make sure it's 4G.

Journeyman

My sentiments exactly, why discontinue one of their BEST phones?? Am i Missing something??

GrandMaster

youre missing that this phone is a couple years old and for sure now outdated when it comes to its internals. just about everything now is coming out dual core where the 4G is single. enternal memory is by far sub par compared to newer phones, etc.

**************************************************************I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own.*************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

you should check out the HTC EVO Design 4G:

-support for international GSM service

-5.22 oz (13% less weight)

-qhd display (hd display)

-1.2 GHz processor (20% faster processor)

-769 mb ram (50% more ram)

-4gb rom (4x rom space)