cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4g discontinued.......

GrandMaster

Re: HTC EVO 4g discontinued.......

Somehow I think any new phone is going to be without.. Hopefully not.. I use the heck out of that thing

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm confused. You guys think that an almost 2 year old phone is the best available phone? So much so that you are switching carriers when your contract is up becuase you will not be able to buy one? I've had one since release day, but I'm not so patiently waiting for the Nexus, or even better the Note to come out...the EVO still holds-up, but not to start another 2-year agreement with.

Journeyman

How can you say that this paper weight is one of their best phones?  I bought 4 of these things in July 2011 and have had nothing but greif from my phone, my wife's phone, and my daughter's phones.  Everything from a 4 hour battery life that forced me to buy an extended life battery so that I can get about 16 hours of coverage to rarely finding coverage areas that provide 4G coverage!

The worst issues are basic cellular reception.  My daughter now has an iPhone and gets 5 bars and 3G where I get no 3G or 4G coverage and zero to 1 bar, drop calls, or can't receive or make calls at all on my EVO 4G!  Another friend also a Sprint customer gets great coverage with his Motorola phone while I get marginal coverage and drop calls on my EVO 4G. 

This thing is a fancy lemon and a not so good paper weight.  I've called Sprint support numerous times.  They finally recommended I call HTC and see what they would do since my phone is under warranty!

HTC being the sleazy Chineese company they are told me to mail them my phone (at my expense) and they would test and evaluate it.  If they found something they would send a replacement in 2 to 3 WEEKS!

YES TWO TO THREE WEEKS WITH NO PHONE! 

What a wonderful company!  I'm done with the EVO 4G and I am Especially done with HTC!  Buyer beware!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.