cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4g touch screen freezing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Few weeks ago I started having issues with my touch screen. Even unlocking the phone takes me 7-10 tries sometimes even more. I'm not sure if this is from the OTA upgrade to 2.3 or it's just hardware. All issues started about a week after the upgrade. Does anybody else experience this issue and if so what's the fix?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

kytom,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues, have you tried any troubleshooting such as power cycling/removing battery?

GrandMaster

it locks up randomly without doing anything with the phone correct? i havent noticed it happening while im in a app when i have actually seen it. its usually while youre in the main home screens right?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, power cycling, restart, removing the battery. It works fine for a while and then it's gone again. Sometimes it works for few hours but there are times when after 5-10 min from restart I can't do anything with the phone, it's locked completely. It's so random I can't point to a specific scenario/action.

Journeyman

For me it happens when I'm in apps and when I leave the phone the desk. When I'm in apps it stops responding completely and then it goes to sleep (screen shuts down) because it doesn't take my inputs. And when I want to unclock the phone to answer calls I can't because the screen would not respond to any inputs. It's so frustrating.

GrandMaster

agreed. funny part is you can usually hit the buttons at the lower part of the screen. (app, phone and +) but nothing above that will respond. i can try to make a call but when trying to select someone it wont let you. weird thing for sure. but its happening less with me then before. havent had it hit me while in any apps though. pretty much at the home screens.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4g touch screen freezing

kytom,

The fact that it starts to work after restarts and it varies on time for functioning almost makes me want to say it may be software related, do you have any downloaded applications from the Android market? I would probably lean towards performing a hard reset on the device in order to rule out the possibility it may be software related. If it's hardware related we'll need to get you into one of our Sprint repair locations.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat