cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO-Activesync doesn't sync contact subfolders

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO-Activesync doesn't sync contact subfolders

I hate the fact Activesync/Microsoft still doesn't allow contact subfolders to be synced on our phones. Why? I'm a business professional. I have more than just personal contacts to sync with my phone. My BB Enterprise Server never had this problem. Now, I'm on the fence with either returning my phone or keeping it and hoping Microsoft fixes this problem. 

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO-Activesync doesn't sync contact subfolders

There are multiple threads about this on the HTC website.

Journeyman

Did you even read those thread? I'm the one who started them and they have not been answered yet. Thanks for nothing.

Journeyman

I'm sorry.  Just trying to help out.

Journeyman

Contact subfolders?

Message was edited by: keezdriver

Journeyman

Yes. Let me explain. I run Outlook 2007 on Microsoft Exchange which is synced by "Activesync" on our EVO phones. On Outlook 2007, there's a main contact folder that stores contacts. A user can create sub-folders below that contact folder for efficient organizing. Those sub-folders are not being synced by Activesync. It has nothing to do with Microsoft Exchange. Activesync which syncs Exchange with Phones appears to have limited capability with syncing contact sub-folders.

In response to the message below. I am not trying to sync mail folders. I am trying to sync contact folders.

You wrote the following to me via message:

By default exchange does not sync any folders other that your main inbox. You can manually sync those folders by opening one and it will either auto sync that folder (on EVO) or you can do a manuel sync, keep in mind that your exchange mailbox can be very large and your mail folders are stored in the limited main drive space, not on your SD card.

Message was edited by: raider3bravo

Journeyman

Try Outlook PCS; from microsoft's website.  Worked for me.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat