cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Help! I am running low on space.

HTC EVO Help! I am running low on space.

I have had my EVO for less than 2 months and I am already running low on space?!? I have gone through and uninstalled nearly every application that I have installed including Facebook, in fact I only have 13 remaining applications with the largest Mail running with 12mb. For some reason I am still at 97% and am confused as to what is eating up so much space.

I need help!!!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO Help! I am running low on space.

that makes no sense at all... what aren't you telling us?

Journeyman

Move apps that can be moved to sd card, clear the cache in your apps (especially your browser - history, downloads, etc), power off your phone and restart it. When you say "space", I assume that you're talking about Internal Memory. Your evo has 1 gb ROM and 512 mb RAM, plus the 8 gigs of space on your sd card. Out of curiousity, I checked my evo. I have 24 apps/games installed other than the stuff preinstalled in my handset. I'm at 65% used internal memory, and only using 24% of the ram.

Journeyman

A LOT of people are struggling with this issue.

Most apps can't be moved to the SD card, but I have moved all that allow it.

I have removed several apps. I dare not remove the ones I really need because it won't reload any because of low memory.

I have deleted all texts.

I have deleted all voice mails.

I have deleted email (didn't help) and reloaded.

I have deleted all photos, videos, and all media that take up space of any kind.

I have cleared my cache and cookies.

I have checked the file folder .mail, and there is only one file at 12K.

I wish I could get rid of the pointless Sprint crap-apps (Blockbuster? Really?), but I don't want to mess with work-arounds. The phone should work and I should be able to ditch what I don't want.

I'm beginning to think this is an unresolved issue that HTC is pretending doesn't exist either because they don't know what's wrong (blame the user) or the fix is a nightmare and they don't need the bad PR.

Regardless, it's taking all the fun out of using the EVO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't get it- are you low on ROM or RAM??

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat