cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO - Power Cycle when accessing camera - 3.30.651.2

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO - Power Cycle when accessing camera - 3.30.651.2

This is only for those newly purchased EVOs that are on software version 3.30.651.2

HTC EVO 4G: Power Cycle when accessing the camera thru some applications on 3.30.651.2

We have received reports that some users are experiencing power cycling when accessing the camera thru some applications (ex: Qik) on HTC EVO 4G devices that are running software version 3.30.651.2. In some cases, repeated power cycling may occur when using a third party application (ex: Tango).  Sprint is aware of this issue and working quickly to provide a fix to these customers. Recommend that users on software version 3.30.651.2 do not utilize QIK or install 3rd party video chat software until a fix is delivered.

Note:  Software version 3.30.651.2 was rolled into production to account for variation in components used in manufacturing.  If a customer’s EVO is on 3.30.651.2, they are on approved software.  If they are not on 3.30.651.2, the most recent build available to end users is 3.29.651.5.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: HTC EVO - Power Cycle when accessing camera - 3.30.651.2

Yup - Tristan and I both are having this problem - launch Qik, immediate reboot.  Whups.  We just got new-model EVO's through the Employee Purchase program.

Glad to know that HTC and Sprint are working on a solution and it'll be out shortly.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

That's good to know.  I just got mine a few days ago through the Employee program and noticed it only power cycles when accessing the video recorder on Qik.  The other menus worked fine for me.  I'm glad I checked our website before returning it and now I know what to tell customers when they call in to Tech Support.

Wizard

A new maintenance release became available this morning to address the powercycle issue.  The new software version is 3.30.651.3 - more info can be found on this thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/49134?tstart=0

Journeyman

According to the link you posted, this software update will fix neither my current Evo nor my first Evo (purchases within a week of the phone's release) that had the power cycle issues.

Important Notes:

There is a second maintenance release available for those New EVOs  purchased (starting  sometime in November).  The newly manufactured EVOs are using a  different manufacturer's part and software version 3.30.651.2 (released  on 11/4).  All EVOs on software version 3.30.651.2 should apply this  new  second maintenance release 3.30.651.3.

Sofware  version 3.30.651.3 is not required for all EVOs and will not be  distributed to those not utilizing the new manufacturer's part.  If your  device was purchased previous to November and is on version 3.29.651.5,  your software is considered current.

When can I expect a fix for my phone?

Journeyman

I am with Tim Pelozzi I have an Evo from a week after realease or so.  I have a cracked screen so Sprint won't touch it until I pay $120 to fix it.  But, why pay 120 to fix a screen when this phone is usueless?  It is not because of Quik.  texting or calls or anything this phone reboots all day.  It is nothing but, a paperweight right now and I am incredible frustrated.

Master

Have you taken it in to get the Screen replace after Oct 25? Sprint changed their repair policy and the screen is now covered for free if you have TEP, $35 if you don't, Not the $119 it was before. I'd take it in and have them replace the screen and have them check it for the rebooting problem, They will repair or replace it.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/services/service_repair/in_store_service.shtml

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat