cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Unlimited Network Usage

Journeyman

HTC EVO Unlimited Network Usage

Across multiple threads there appears to be some confusion regarding the data plan unlimited usage and whether or not there's a CAP.   So just to clarify, the network usage is unlimited and roaming is capped on the data/voice plans. Below are the pricing details for the EVO. Hope this helps!

$10 Premium Data add-on provides:

• Unlimited 3G and 4G data usage while on the Sprint network

• Off-network roaming is limited to 800 voice minutes/mo. or 300MB/mo. data usage limitation

$29.99 Sprint Mobile Hotspot provides:

• Data usage is unlimited while on the 3G or 4G Sprint network

• Off-network data roaming is limited to 300MB/mo.

232 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO Unlimited Network Usage

wait a minute, so if I have an unlimited plan with a palm pre, and don't pay roaming charges for data/voice but then I buy an EVO, I will incur charges because I switched phones? I hope I'm mistaken, the EVO is cool but I'll return it in a heartbeat if that's the case

Master

It is the same plan you basically have on your Pre, It has the same roaming limits, They won't charge if you use roaming, But if you are excessively roaming they may send you a letter asking you to not roam so much or they may terminate your contract(etf free)

Journeyman

Levu4u,

It's like people always wanna jump to the worst conclusion first!

Is it Friday, yet??

Journeyman

$10 Premium Data add-on provides:

• Unlimited  3G and 4G data usage while on the Sprint network

With the EVO, I don't live anywhere near 4G coverage. Will I still need to pay this? Have a EVO on order and waiting somewhat patiently.  Also have  Hero on order. Will the $10 Premium Data add-on be needed for the Hero?

Journeyman

With the Evo the $10 fee is manditory.

I asume the hero will not encounter this as I have a moment on my account as well and it is not charged this fee.

Journeyman

Please help me understand this.

If we're paying an extra $10.00 per phone per month for the HTC EVO 4G which provides for

• Off-network roaming  is limited to 800 voice minutes/mo. or 300MB/mo. data usage limitation

(1) Why then would we also have to pay an additional $29.99 per phone per month to use that same phone as a Mobile Hot Spot? We in theory would already have UNLIMITED data usage, so it shouldn't matter if we're using that usage with only our phone or sharing it with the fabled "up to 8 devices". Unlimited is unlimited, no?

(2) Also I have only seen this charge listed here in the forums. I've looked and looked and looked on the main website and cannot find it listed anywhere. Where can we find it listed in the plans and charges and such on the regular website when shopping and comparing?

Thanks!

Journeyman

This is garbage. Hey, guess who won't be buying EVO's for their consulting business.???

Me. Way to go Sprint. You got a nice product, and managed to screw the pooch within minutes.

Hope it's worth the $40 / month to lose more customers.

Fail.

Wizard

Doug51Becca17 wrote:

Please help me understand this.

If we're paying an extra $10.00 per phone per month for the HTC EVO 4G which provides for

• Off-network roaming  is limited to 800 voice minutes/mo. or 300MB/mo. data usage limitation

(1) Why then would we also have to pay an additional $29.99 per phone per month to use that same phone as a Mobile Hot Spot? We in theory would already have UNLIMITED data usage, so it shouldn't matter if we're using that usage with only our phone or sharing it with the fabled "up to 8 devices". Unlimited is unlimited, no?

(2) Also I have only seen this charge listed here in the forums. I've looked and looked and looked on the main website and cannot find it listed anywhere. Where can we find it listed in the plans and charges and such on the regular website when shopping and comparing?

Thanks!

Sort of like how, if you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, you can't bring eight friends for free. Why not?  It is unlimited food, right?   I apologize for the following stereotyping, but if you are a ballet dancer, and eat six bites, you still can't bring your friends for free, despite the fact that a professional wrestler who eats six plates full gets to pay the same price.   "Unlimited" is priced based on the average usage, or the average amount eaten, so if you change how many can consume, you have to change the price.

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Wizard

Hi wasbakntyme - that is an awesome analogy and the best explanation I've seen to date.

Thank you!