ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO WiFi issues

Journeyman

HTC EVO WiFi issues

I have an HTC EVO that is have turned on the WiFi on, I have not problems with the WiFi in my house. I am always connected my problem is when I go to public places and connect to their WiFi. My phone shows full bars and states that I am connected to that WiFi but when I try to search or connect to social networks it will not open. What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

HTC EVO WiFi issues

Wi-Fi is a broadcast that you sometimes need a network key to connect to. Does it show the network available or does it show it as open and you are connected? Will your phone access any data through the connection? It sounds like it is a network but I am not sure it is an open network without a network key.

If you can post more info we will try to answer.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Master

Re: HTC EVO WiFi issues

If it's like a Starbucks, you have to launch the Internet Browser as standalone, i.e. "Apps>Internet" prior to actually searching the first time. The reason why is they have a Terms of Service that you have to agree to before it will allow you to use their network. You may be connected, but until you aknowledge their TOS, you can't use it. So you get a situation similar to what you describe.

Let me know if that helps.

Also, you may want to change your original post to a question, see if it provides more answers.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat