cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO and HD Cable!

Master

HTC EVO and HD Cable!

I don't know if anyone had tried to connect the EVO with a TV using HDMI Cable or not. I did try it and I don't know if it is my EVO ->TV not compatible or there is something wrong with my EVO. Maybe its the settings that the TV has because you have to select what type of device it is when it connects.

Anyway, my problem is: when I connect it it works but I don't see the EVO screen in my TV, and when I try to open my Camera program to play a video, my EVO shuts off and reboots, if I don't disconnect it, it wont come up, it will sit on the first screen after the 4G logo.

Can anyone help me with that?? and by the way, I tried 2 different cables, both bought on e-bay though, since Sprint didn't have the cables at those times I went and checked in the store.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO and HD Cable!

Hey mine is doing the same thing when i plug it up to the T.V. my EVO freezes up can anyone tell me whats going on

Journeyman

I just got a cable for my HTC EVO. I tried it on a LCD TV and it worked fine. Took it home and it did not work with my plasma tv. You need to turn off the tv before you plug it in. then turn on the tv , select the proper video source and then play from the video app in the gallery.

Master

What video source did u use for the Evo, becuse as far as I know there is nothing for mobile device or phone (at least on about 4 Tv's I've tested it)

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

You have to use mp4 format. I did finally get it to work on my plasma tv. I also found cheap software to convert my dvd's to mp4. Then just plug into the laptop and transfer to memory card. I am also checking out software that let's me sinc with itunes.

Journeyman

By the way, I got my cord at radio shack.$30. So far I can only play videos, using the video app. Nothing else can be seen on the tv.

Journeyman

I am unsure about the more serious issues above (video output not working at all), but for those that are stating they only get output when trying to play video: I think that is to be expected. The review of the EVO's video features I read online stated that the video out only works for video playback, the Youtube app, and picture slide shows. The EVO's HDMI output is the 740 resolution variety, but the EVO's screen is (slightly) higher resolution than that so it stands to reason that it isn't designed to output a mirror of the display through the HDMI port. From what I gather applications have to be specifically designed to use the HDMI output, so only certain apps are going to use it.

Good to know this type of cable (HDMI to HDMI-D) is available at Radioshack finally, but I think I'll skip for 30$. It is cheaper online, but you never really know what quality of cable you'll get (and that may be the problem some others are having, bad cables). If they start making games that support the HDMI output it might be a more worthwhile feature.

Message was edited by: borndigital

Master

AS far as the cable, I got it on e-bay much cheaper then radioshack.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat