cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO picturemail and mms doesn't work!!! Need Help!!!

Journeyman

HTC EVO picturemail and mms doesn't work!!! Need Help!!!

Am I the only one having an issue with sending and receiving mms messgages on the EVO?  I can't access pictures nor send or receive pictures.  Has anyone had this problem and did you get it resolved?  I can't even create a picturemail account and I tried everything.

Message was edited by: sdh2121

15 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO picturemail and mms doesn't work!!! Need Help!!!

I had the same problem with sending and receiving picture mail and picture texts.  I finally called Sprint support and was delighted with the service.  She had me save my contacts to the SD card, then shut off my phone and pull the battery.  Wait a few seconds and put it all back together.  She also sent some kind of message/instruction to my phone, but I don't know what it was.  If that hadn't worked, she was going to have me do a factory reset.  Fortunately, it worked.  I would try just pulling the battery first, which is similar to unplugging a computer when it gets out of wack.  If that doesn't work, call Sprint support and they'll help you.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.  I did call sprint back on Sunday for the 6 time and the guy was able to fix my problem.  He had to re-provision my phone again and this time I was able to send and receive mms messages.  He told me to do the exact same thing you mentioned and I'm happy know.

So if anyone else is having this issue call sprint and they will need to re-provision your phone.  Basically they will have you remove the battery and then they will delete your account or something that they do on their end.  And remember I had to call back at least 5 times before I got someone that fixed the problem.  Hope this thread helps anyone that's having this issue.  And don't let them tell you that you need to send the phone back because it's not the phone.

I also must say that sprint needs to train their representatives on their products.  Because the guy told me that picturemail doesn't work for my phone and it does.  That's how the mms messages are sent and received and they are stored on the picturemail server.

Journeyman

having the same problem, tried shutting down the power and turning it back on but it doesnt work, i can recieve them but when i send them no one ever recieves them, i have to go to the sprint store as a last resort

Journeyman

did have same problem. the frist sprint rep told me to take my evo back and get a new one. the 3rd rep did all the above and did not work. so after 50 minutes we did a factory reboot. lost all apps and contacts, gmail account. but could send pictures again. Then then redid apps that I lost (3). And resent contact from my instinct via bluetooth. 20 mins later could not send pict mail again. So I started playing w/phone. Long story short. Its is how the contact # is enterted. 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx does not work enter all #'s xxxxxxx. At least this is working all the time for me now.

Journeyman

.I already did a factory reset and that didn't work, so I called twice yesterday the first told me to go to a store the other made me turn off my  phone and pull out the battery, it not only fixed my mms but my sprintv and voicemail as well.

Journeyman

I have a Moment with the same issue.  Handset has been replaced and I called Sprint again and again about the issue.  I kept forcing the issue that I wanted a new phone if this model would keep having issues.  Sprint finally called me and stated that they have a known issue with MMS that they are still trying to resolve....  Apparently affects newer phones that use MMS rather than Picturemail.  Doesn't look like they are going to get it fixed anytime soon.

Journeyman

zong4200,

I did what you mentioned, using only numbers ######, and it works.

It is a issue with Sprint or with the HTC EVO?

Thanks.

Journeyman

I had that same problem 3 days ago. I called sprint, they did everything they can, reset it..,so they was even push a hand free activation, all this doesnt work. Its simple guys cuz i fixed mine. i just hit the menu key> setting> Applications>manage applications>Running>Messages and then, last thing is hit force close. now u can go back to ur mn screen. try to send a pic. Hope that work for you, cuz since dat mine is working good.

Journeyman

Not sure if this is the same problem you're having or not but when I would try to send a text w/pic it always said "File too large" and then receive an error saying it was unable to send.  I asked Sprint and I had to adjust the camera settings from high res to normal res.  Once that was done I could send a pic message (as long as the pic wasn't high res).

Journeyman

I figured out my issue with this, it is associated with the Task Killer. If you have one, you must set it to ignore this 'application.' Since it is killed; there is nothing on the backend requesting information or sending information. So set the 'Messages' application to ignore and restart the app, by simply going to it. Within seconds i got all the picture messages that were pending.

Journeyman

I have the same problem! Would you please let me know is the task killer? And how can I fix the problem?

Thank you so much

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.