cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO rooting and booting problems

Highlighted
Patron

HTC EVO rooting and booting problems

I have had my EVO for about 2 months but it has been having errors all the time. I was going to bring my phone in but i haven't gotten the chance. So i just tried to ignore the errors. I also rooted my phone after a while and was planing on unrooting it before i took it into sprint. But my phone froze and i took the battery out then put it back in and turned it on and it stays at the boot screen that says "HTC EVO™ 4G", I have left it there for about 30 minutes and looked up alot of info on how to fix it but i can't find any.

I was wondering if there is a way to unroot it. I don't care if all my info is lost i just need it reset. I need the stock rom for the EVO. Also i was wondering if i could bypass all that and just take it in with no questions even though it is rooted. Please tell me as soon as possible. This is a very expensive phone as you know and i don't want to have wasted all that money on a paper weight.

P.S. I know the root did not mess my phone up.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO rooting and booting problems

If it is at least turning on, sounds like you can get to the recovery screen.  Did you nandroid it or no?  If not, try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780141

Patron

No i did not do nandroid. But I tired to get my Mac to recognize my phone but it can't unless it turns all the way on. So I can't install anything on my phone. But I took it in today and they can't fix it so they are giving me a new one for $35 because I didn't have the insurance. But when I get my phone the first thing I am going to do is back my phone up with nandroid.

Thanks for the link. I'll save it for if I ever need it. But I am getting the insurance so if my phone breaks again I can just get a new one for free with no extra cost.

Journeyman

I am suprised you will get a replacement without paying full price since rooting your phone violates your warranty...  Sorry to hear your woes though... it does appear that a lot of Evo issues crop up after "installing" something... whether it be a rom or even an application.

Not that it applies specifically to your case but it's almost humerous how people KNOW that installing a bunch of software on their PC causes it to run poorly, but when they do it on their phone they are surprised.  GIGO is the old term... garbage in, garbage out...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat