cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

p.s Would not be the first or last time I signed up for a "sucker fee" and certainly not the first or last that I paid too much for premium gasoline!

Highlighted
Journeyman

"I can afford the extra cash for the car.  I refuse to pay more money for  the same quality gasoline."

I whole heartedly agree, my only fear now is that they will start charging me an extra $10 a month for my 3G Touch Pro!

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's a good one!   You'd be surprised as to how many people will kick and scream about this data plan, yet will still go ahead and buy the phone.

I however will be grinning away with my EVO, telling my wife to mind her business! "Just kidding hunn"!

Message was edited by: Techfunk

Highlighted
Journeyman

Techfunk, I don't think they'll answer what that "Premium Data Add-On" entails because it would be self-incriminating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"p.s Would not be the first or last time I signed up for a "sucker fee" and certainly not the first or last that I paid too much for premium gasoline!"

Like the saying goes.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shame on you for not standing up for yourself.  Just because everyone does it (other carriers) does not make it right or just.

Don't sign up for sucker fees or let corporate companies push you around.  You're making it harder on the rest of us.

Journeyman

The $10 fee sounds to me like profit they are using to justify selling the phone for 199. They charged that much for the Touch Pro 2. It is sort of Verizon mentality. Charge less for the phone but more for the plans. They know with the iPhone and Droid Incredibles prices they couldnt come in with a 399 phone and move many of them. So instead they say 199 and then sneak the extra 240 (10 per month for 24 months) into our bills.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HeyTechfunk, I think we should just count our blessings that we have wives and sneek in our Evo contracts under their radar.  I just showed mine the video and said "See how much better it looks than the iPhone?", and she said "whatever." I have to figure out how to get her to pay for two Evos and make it look like her idea.  I might need some help with this one!

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's hilarious... Its funny cause if do the same thing and get the same response! She's more like, "Its just a phone". So my way around that was showing her that its a great hd video recorder and camera! I think she's budging! Maybe....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Techspec.. Unfortunately, we play the spending games cause sprint is the only one with 4g. However, eventually all carriers will carry high speed Internet which will turn the industry "Cut throat" sort to speak. In time, prices will be slashed in half. Just don't hold your breath for at least the next 2 years or so...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Techfunk - I am dying laughing right now at your response!  My wife also said, "You need some more hobbies.  Do you just look at phones all day long?" She is upset that the Evo does not come in pink.  Maybe we need to start an "Evo-Wanting Husband Support Group"  for help with those "Evo-Induced Marital Problems."  Maybe Dr. Phil can help us with how to bring our wives around without causing divorce, although I am hoping to conveniently "forget" my credit card at the Sprint store so that we will have to use hers. Although, I might then have to us my Evo to search for an apartment and divorce attorney.  Curse the Evo!!  It is a marriage wrecker!  Just walk away everyone, while you can ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol...So sad! I'm shocked to just realize that perhaps im an "EVO STALKER". I open 2 windows on my computer(yahoo and youtube evo)....

Soon as my wife walks in the room, i switch windows cause she thinks im tech crazy!

Highlighted
Journeyman

One carrier reports 4G already in place and available later 2010.  Another carrier reports that it will be 2011.  Cellular companies are usually monkey see, monkey do.  Even so, i'm not gonna try to hold my breath for 6 months.  haha

If 4g was available anywhere in the state in which I live, I'd feel better about the $10 charge.  I just don't like going from my Touch Pro's 3g to the Evo's 3g with extra fees.  I was really looking forward to an everything plan.  Less fine print and straight forward charges.  Looks like it was a mirage.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat