Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

Journeyman

HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

Im absolutely exited by what HTC and Sprint has accomplished in mobile phone technology. I feel that the extra $10 per month is within reason for high speed Internet. Im reading threads of hatred towards sprint for the extra charge on the 4g option. Wake up and smell the coffee... Im sure that sprint will spend millions in expanding the 4g network this year and would require a little extra money to cover it.

Before anymore is said, remember that it was stated that 4g is an option and is capable of using 3g alone if you really  don't want to dish out 10 bucks...

Thank you Sprint/HTC for a product and service that will dominate the industry.

139 REPLIES 139
Journeyman

Sprint EVO 4G Complant about the $10 Mo fee:

I forgot to list the Sprint CEO email address who welcomes customer input:

Dan@Sprint.com

Executive Offices
Attn: Dan Hesse, CEO
6200 Sprint Parkway
Overland Park, KS 66251

Journeyman

This is the same transactional exchange as to pull up to a gas station when you are out of gas, and pay 10 dollars for three gallons of gas, and pay, but not pump. It is the same as to have 3 g which is sufficient, but when we all pay 10 dollars, we want constant access and usage to 4 g transmissions and data interchange. ANY AGREE?

Journeyman

.Do any of you know if sprint or htc is going to address this major problem with the frames per second capped out at 30. This is becoming a major deal breaker for me and am considering returning this phone. As for the 10 buck, I think it is just a fund raiser to begin to expand 4G in more areas so I am cool with it. But this lag with the screen is something I cannot deal with, my pre looked and performed better than this brick

Journeyman

Davidboy08

It's $10 a month extra to use this phone on Sprint's network.

Don't get an EVO if you don't want to spend that. It's not that hard a decision.

Go get any of the other fine Data phones, no extra $10 per month on any of them.

If you think complaining about a fee for a phone they can't make fast enough is going to change anything, go ask the iPhone cry babies how much they have changed at&t's decisions.

Journeyman

Your argument is flawed. They didn't raise any rates. All they did is tack on an additional $10 to one of their premium devices just like VZN and ATT do with their blackberry connect fees.  You can still get some pretty good 3g only devices.

Journeyman

I purchased my phone yesterday. That $10 fee IS NOT AN OPTION, IT IS REQUIRED. If you want the phone, you HAVE to pay that fee. There is no debating it. Trust me, I tried. I don't have 4G in my area either, but I am still paying for it even though I'm only able to use 3G. It's a bunch of foolishness. Although I have issues regarding the fee, I understand that I can't have the phone without it (only because they don't sell it that way). But for anyone to say that people should stop complaining is foolish. You wouldn't want BP to charge you extra for gas you didn't pump into your car everytime you needed some petro. It's the same thing. If they said that once it becomes available in my area, then a mandatory $10/mo. fee will kick in, I would be more than happy to pay it. But that's not what they did............. And although I plan to keep the phone, I sincerely hope that they make some changes in reference to this fee....... And I hope they do it soon.

Journeyman

If you guys say we are cry babies then so be it but I really dont call it crying when I got my new EVO on 6/2 the sales guy told me about the extra $10 charge and assured me that we would not be getting 4G in our are anytime in the near or not so near future. When I asked him they why I had to pay the extra money he replied if you want the phone it will be the extra $10 a month if you dont want to pay it then I cant sell you the phone. Now I would not mind paying it if I knew it was comming to my area soon but according to them it wasent in the plan and I really think it is BS hell 4G is not even close to where we live the closest is like 150 miles away

Journeyman

I'm not calling you a cry baby, but I gotta say, if you aren't getting 4G why are you paying the fee?  Why not just get a Hero and call it even?  You can't really blame Sprint for charging an extra $10 if people are going to go ahead and pay it regardless of what service they get.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat