Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

Journeyman

HTC EVO vs. Cry babies

Im absolutely exited by what HTC and Sprint has accomplished in mobile phone technology. I feel that the extra $10 per month is within reason for high speed Internet. Im reading threads of hatred towards sprint for the extra charge on the 4g option. Wake up and smell the coffee... Im sure that sprint will spend millions in expanding the 4g network this year and would require a little extra money to cover it.

Before anymore is said, remember that it was stated that 4g is an option and is capable of using 3g alone if you really  don't want to dish out 10 bucks...

Thank you Sprint/HTC for a product and service that will dominate the industry.

139 REPLIES 139
Journeyman

me too!!!  Maybe we need some medication to reduce the Evo obsessing thoughts and actions. I wonder how many others out there have hidden their Evo obsessions from their significant other?  It is kind of pathetic actually, but at least I can laugh at myself!

Journeyman

Perhaps the $10 charge covers the forward facing camera's operation that google openly expressed "We are being watched all the time"?

The next generation EVO will have side mounted camera's too.

Message was edited by: Techfunk

Journeyman

I am not going to pay a monthly surcharge for any phone. Why didn't Sprint just straight-up make the price of the Evo $440? Because then it would be obvious to EVERYONE that it is overpriced. This way some fools will rationalize that they are buying it for $200. I laughed at iPhone users when AT&T clipped them like this. As for the $30 monthly hotspot thing? PDANet will tether an Android phone to a computer for a one-time $25. That meets my needs.

Sprint, you keep the the Evo, I will keep the $330 and get a Moment or a Hero for now. We'll see what a 4G phone costs in a year when I can upgrade again. Maybe by then you will have been able to afford to scale-out 4G to where I actually need it with the $10 surcharges you have collected from all the Evo sheeple.

Journeyman

Techfunk wrote:

Techspec....lol

Come on! Definitley super gasonline vs reg.......

In the analogy, it would only be super gasoline vs regular if you were considering 4G vs 3G, which we are not since that's already been determined as not available for most (even in the near future) and is available at no extra charge.  All of the perks of the device other than 4G are analogous to the nicer car.  Those without 4G will be driving their fancy car using regular gasoline.  I'll pay extra for the car so that my daily drive is more comfortable, but I won't pay extra for the same quality of gasoline.  And charging an extra fee each month because the nicer phone features will cause me to use those features more often is akin to saying that having a nicer car means I'm going to drive more each day.  And should pay for the privilege.

Journeyman

Think of it this way (Will apply n most cases)

You a re a business that sells a tech product for 60 vs your competitors at 100

You come out with a more advanced version of that product (better than the competion) and you charge 70.

If you are a customer, yes you are paying more but you're still under the competion.

Non 4g area

This happens now with people that have to pay for 3g in non 3g areas

$30 hotspot

I can't see how people are complaining about this. Is the overdrive free? You are getting an overdrive in your phone for about half the price and  you dont have to sign another 2yr contract. I think when Verizon and ATT come out with their 4g phones/plans in 6 months. Sprint will look like a steal.People need to calm down and look at the facts

Journeyman

How does forcing people to pay that $10 help justify selling the phone for $199 when

A) Most people already with contracts will not be able to get the phone for $199

&

B) THere are probably quite alot of customers who do not live in 4g areas that will be losing out on a good $10 dollars

If Sprint wanted to justify the extra $10 dollars for the people that can not even use what they are paying for they should have some kind of survey or do mass emailing with already customers & find out if they have 4g or not so that the people who will be wasting $10 dollars for nothing can get the phone for $199 or something like this.  Forcing that $10 bucks on people who are paying for nothing = bullshit

Wizard

It appears to me that the price of the phone is $199 down and $10 a month for the next 12 months (lets face it we will all be getting new phones in a year). Are you willing to pay $320 for the phone? I don't think it is unreasonable.

dd

Journeyman

I'd almost buy that, if people like me who'd rather buy the phone outright for full price than be stuck in a contract didn't have to pay the $10/mo fee.

Journeyman

Wow guys u really got this all wrong. The $10 charge is not for 4g its for having a phone capable of using alot more data then most phones. Sprint really messed up cuz if the charge was for 4g and was only charged if 4g was in your city it would be ok, there would still be crybabies but it would be understandable. The $10 charge is mandatory if u have this phone and does not matter if u have 4g in your city or if u buy the phone at full price. This $10 charge is for the extra data usage sprint thinks u may use for this phone. Sprint pretty much killed this phone they are not gonna sell as much as they think and htc should be seriously pissed and sue for killing the phone. If this was not bad enought there is another $29.00 charge for using the built in tethering feature. So u r pretty much gonna have to pay $110 just to use all the features on the phone and only get 450 minutes of talk time. That does not sound like a great deal to me. Why not move to tmobile and pay $69 and be able to use all the features of the phone u get.

Journeyman

Explain to me how I would use more data with the EVO vs any other phone? If i download a 88mb file on an EVO it would use more data than downloading a 88mb file on a Hero? Would loading a webpage use more data on the EVO vs a Hero? Please elaborate.

Journeyman

Really u just made my point. Sprint is sleazy and just wants to try and justify getting more money out of their customers. The extra charge makes no sense. Sprint is charging extra because they assume people are gonna be using more data with this phone. So i would not put it pass them to start charging all smart phone the $10 fee.

Journeyman

I have a question?  Doesn't AT&T Charging an extra $30 a month for iphones, even if you don't want the data plans?  I have never had an iphone just curious.  I'm not trying to justify the $10 fee a month but was curious there.  At least the $10 is cheaper then AT&T but still I don't totally agree with it either.

Not to mention if you are under contract you will not be able to get the phone for $199. Not unless they come out and state that even if you are under contract you can get it for that price.  If you are under contract though. You better find out what the full price is for the phone.  You are going to have a real surprise if you decide to go for the EVO.  Just as if you are under contract and you distroy your phone or loose it; you would have to pay full price for a new phone.  Unless you have insurance on you plan.  This is a Cellular wide standard and not just Sprint.  For instance the Hero's true cost is $300 so if you had to get a replacement that is your out of pocket cost.  So that is something to keep in mind when thinking about switching to the EVO.  Just thought I would drop that out there..

Message was edited by: JustaUser

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat