cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO wont charge, blinking orange light New Battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO wont charge, blinking orange light New Battery

My husband has an HTC Evo, the battery wasnt charging & the orange light was blinking.   I put the battery into my phone, and it didnt' charge either.  So I purchase a new battery figured it was the battery.  The new battery will not charge either.

It says it is charging with the green indicator, but doesnt.  If I put the new battery into my phone it will charge no problem.  So it seems the old battery didnt charge, and now there is a problem with the phone, it wont charge the new battery nor my battery. What could it be?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: HTC EVO wont charge, blinking orange light New Battery

krissy2359

Thank you for posting!

I have seen this exact situation with an evo before. When you we're charging the device was it plugged into the wall or a computer by chance?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

It originally started happening when plugged into a car charger.  Then I plugged it into the wall charger, same issues.  I've even tried different wires, still no resolve.  Thanks

Thanks for the info krissy2359,

I want to see if you just leave it on the charger if it will do something. That is how the evo I had the same experience with ended up working. If you can; can you please remove the battery out of the phone so it's off then re-insert it and plug it into the wall charger and leave it for about 20 minutes let me know if the blinking orange light ends up turning to a solid orange light. I hope this may help!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried this already. The orange light stops blinking, it shows the battery is charging but does NOT charge.  I have left it overnight plugged in and it was completely dead the next morning.  The battery indicator shows a flashing green like it's charging.  Obviously, its not.  Doesnt matter which battery I use, the phone wont charge it.  The only way I can charge any battery is with another phone (mine).  I have a feeling it has something to do with the charging or usb port.  It was asking each time I plugged the phone in to choose charging option (charge only, htc sync, etc).

krissy2359

Thanks for the reply!

There may be any number of reasons why this happening. It may be the battery or the charging port itself. The most effective way to diagnose and correct the issue would be to take the device into a Sprint store for service and repair. You can use the link provided to located the nearest repair center to you. Also, do you have our monthly insurance plan?

Sprint Store Locator

Zena

Social Media Team

GrandMaster

krissy2359 wrote:

Yes, I have tried this already. The orange light stops blinking, it shows the battery is charging but does NOT charge.  I have left it overnight plugged in and it was completely dead the next morning.  The battery indicator shows a flashing green like it's charging.  Obviously, its not.  Doesnt matter which battery I use, the phone wont charge it.  The only way I can charge any battery is with another phone (mine).  I have a feeling it has something to do with the charging or usb port.  It was asking each time I plugged the phone in to choose charging option (charge only, htc sync, etc).

by chance when it asks you this are you plugged directly into a wall or something like a laptop? and the other phone youre using to charge the evo's battery..is it using the same cord as the evo or is it using a different cord?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sounds like your phone received a electrical surge , does its smell funny at the USB port on the phone?

Journeyman

I've experienced that before when sometimes I buy new chargers... I have found that the problem usually lies within the cable and not so much the wall adapter.  I fix the problem by getting a new cable.  Good luck with a fix!

GrandMaster

this would be my guess..3rd party cords rarely work how theyre supposed to let alone pass through enough current to keep the phones charging if you decide to use the phone at the same time. the original evo especially...my guess is its not pushing enough current through and that is where the LED light is coming into play..i have snagged multiple cords over the last few years to try and locate a match for the original evo's cord..i finally found a few..one for the truck, one for home and one for work..not that my new One really needs it at work..but i dislike not having one available IF it was ever actually needed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat