Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO :)

Journeyman

HTC EVO :)

Well, long time waiting. With all the capabilities of this phone, it will really give developers like myself something new as what we can accomplish with our applications. At first i was not very excited about the phones TFT LCD but to think of it as a cost benefit for us. ( AMOLED screens cost $ to make by the pixel, equals to higher price. Unless you are watching a blue ray disc amoled is nice but not much of a difference on a screen this size)

Now we can really come up with some Applications that enable that front facing camera.

How about an lock screen that scans your face algorithmsto unlock the phone... hehe the possibilities

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

The EVO doesn't show off anything news, its an android phone that does one App at a time, its a iPhone look-a-like, you wanna DEV port ove rto a Windows Phone 7 Series Phone and I'll but it!  The EVO is nothing new here its still Sprint playing the Big 2's Third, if this company is going to make any headway it needs to be smarter than this!

Sprint Product Ambassador

On the contrary, I believe if Sprint executes properly, this phone can be a serious competitor to the iPhone, e.g. 4G, large display, awsome camera and video quaity.  Hopefully does not increase any pricing on their Everything data plan, then they have me sold!

Everything about this phone excites me.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Journeyman

I think price is going to be the big key on how sucessful this device is. I think the features are great but if it cost too much I would be happy with the Nexus One. I think the EVO has to be 299.99 or less on contract and 599.99 or less off contract.

Journeyman

On the contray to what?  I have my work phone VZ, my play phone Sprint so i'm on the number 1 and number 3 carriers in the U.S.  Sprint lags, its LTE is 4G but its WIMAX its not a GSM based LTE 4G system like the rest of the word its Beta in a VHS world or a HDDVD in a BlueRay world.  Sprint wastes dollar after dollar giving us failed tech...Palm!  Then is gives a rebranded HD2 with Android.  Sprint can't seem to win for loosing!  EVO has great specs because last year HTC released the HD2 in Europe and as that market closed its desire for this model HTC rebranded it with Android, this is a Sprint Exclusive because Tmobile got the HD2 and ATT and VZ are holding out for WP7 and the next iPhone!  The EVO specs are the HD2, less Windows Phone 6.5!

Journeyman

Hey, shayn80:

Don't even mention LTE. It doesn't exist. It's vaporware until Summer, 2011. Verizon cripples their phones. They get Sprint's leftovers. Verizon has more customers than anyone else because their clients ******* (removed personal attack) don't mind paying twice as much for half the product, ********.

(removed content) Sprint just hit a grand slam in the seventh game of the World Series and you know it. AT&T only exists because of the iPhone and you are dreaming if you believe Verizon will get the iPhone anytime soon. In fact, Sprint will be announced as the next American partner in June when Apple makes their annual iPhone announcement. And Sprint's iPhone will have, yep, you guessed it, 4G. (removed content) The EVO 4G just became the best phone, period. Deal with it. (removed content)

(please be nice)

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

You know, its real evident that there are some people on other carriers pissed this phone is coming out. Why? Because they have Verizon or AT&T. Stop your crying and get with a carrier who is hot right now ...i.e..sprint... You know I own stock but no sprint shares. I just like that they bring you the technology you want and let you decide for yourself!!

Journeyman

Finally all the rumors and leaks come to an end. Its official, thank goodness!!! Now I can Happily stay with Sprint for a very long time...And to think I was gonna change to that Hideous T-mobile(and there Bad Coverage area) for an HD2.....Fewww what a life saver this day was..I will be getting a godly phone with very very very good Service/Reception and  not to mention 4G baby...yahooo!...

Now I just cant wait till this thing actually comes out,  Hopefully the guy who made a comment on Phonedog.com wasnt lying about the phone comming out in MAY 2010...I just cant wait to use video conference calling with the front facing camera....soo nice...and also record some HD 720p videos with that 8MP camera...ahhhhh  ooooo........wow...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: jsmart

Message was edited by: jsmart

Journeyman

I agree with the Price.. But what if Sprint comes out with a 36M contract for 199.00! Would you Buy one? I Do think the phone without contract

599.00 or less. Also I hope Sprint has the phone ready for Android 3.0

Journeyman

I agree,  $199 would be the magic price point for Sprint to steal the show. and $549 without contract sounds Like a decent amount....Remember Sprint, the new iphone is coming around your launch time also,  try to PRICE it as low as possible and steal apples steam when they come rolling in..

Journeyman

Why do you guys continue to compare the Evo to the iphone? The Evo is something more than the iphone. I never had the iphone and never have planned on leaving sprint. Sprint may be in competition with the iphone but I think they have a great device that is more capable for us business users.

Message was edited by: Jaycraw28

Journeyman

Yes... if they sold it for 199.99 I would get a 3 year contract. Just as long as 4G will be in my area by the start of 2011. Otherwise I would just by the device without a contract. Right now I am still leaning towards getting a Nexus One just waiting on Sprint. I hear it is going to be out before April.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat