Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO :)

Journeyman

HTC EVO :)

Well, long time waiting. With all the capabilities of this phone, it will really give developers like myself something new as what we can accomplish with our applications. At first i was not very excited about the phones TFT LCD but to think of it as a cost benefit for us. ( AMOLED screens cost $ to make by the pixel, equals to higher price. Unless you are watching a blue ray disc amoled is nice but not much of a difference on a screen this size)

Now we can really come up with some Applications that enable that front facing camera.

How about an lock screen that scans your face algorithmsto unlock the phone... hehe the possibilities

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

People are excited about the phone first, 4g second, based on Hesse's keynote he/Sprint seem to think 4g is going to be the selling point. FAIL

Journeyman

You obviously are foreign to "Android."  Android is an open source Linux style Operating System designed by Google.  That adds at least 10 thousand apps a year to it's store.  As for your "one at app time" remark.  That's false, that's one of the key reasons Android is so popular, it supports multiple applications simataneously.  Windows Mobile isn't even in the same league as Android.  If you seriously want Windows so bad, switch to T-Mobile cause the HTC HD2 is the EVO without an 8 MP Camera, 4G,1.3 Camera on front, HDMI at bottom, and Android.  Plus you can alter Android phones (crack them) way, way easier but still deliver twice the security as WinBlows.

Journeyman

I don't think they are actually comparing the two, there is no comparasion. I think they are just stating that somebody's got to make a bold move and release their phone first. I wouldn't say that anyone would leave Sprint for a Iphone by any means (I don't think they would) but I do believe that Iphone users could be swayed to come to Sprint with the Evo coming out, It's like this, If I had an Iphone and knew a new one was coming out and they didn't get their butt in gear I could be swayed to move to the EVO if it came out first.

My daughter just went to AT&T and got the Iphone but she is seriously considering moving back. I have played with her phone and I like my Hero better than the Iphone. Plus, with her plan with AT&T she has already gone over her minutes plus she pays as much for 2 lines as I do for 5..........Oh one more thing, she got better service with Sprint too.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat