cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO4G extended battery found

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Everyone,  My experience and discussion with other EVO owners is that the battery life is too short. Yes, even after turning off many running apps.  So I've been in search of an extended battery for the EVO.  After calling Sprint on this, they had no suggestion other than to purchase and carry an extra standard battery backup.  AH...... BUT I have found the extended battery,rating a 3500mAh lithium polymer.  While shopping at BEST-BUY yesterday, I was browsing in the mobile phone accessories and there is was.  It's called PLATINUM Pt and it even comes with a new back cover.  They boast that it "more than double the original battery". Well worth the $59.99

I hope this has been useful.  No worries of having to carry a wall or auto charger. Yahoooooooo!!!!!!

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually purchased an extended battery for the Evo from Sprint about 2 or 3 days ago. I have been trying to "callibrate" this battery since I first got it, however, I have not noticed much of a difference in the life it provides my phone. Yes, I was able to get some additional time added to the life of the phone, but I don't think it's worth $60. I have been trying to contact sprint about this issue and I am still making attempts today. I was told before purchasing this battery that it actually allowed the phone to stay charged for up to 2 days! Well, of course, that's worth an extra $60! But, I can't even make it one full day without charging my phone. And with my busy schedule it's very difficult to keep my phone on a charger.

Now, I also noticed that they tell us to turn off the features we are not using to save battery life...

This makes absolutely no sense to me! One of the greatest features of the Evo is that it IS 4G... Why would I turn that off? Why would I turn off my bluetooth feature if I use it all day with my headset. I feel that those features should be readily available whenever I pick up my phone. I shouldn't have to turn them on and off every time I want to search the web or take advantage of any other features on my phone.

Am I alone here? lol

I almost feel a little lost. Why would they make such a great phone with a battery that cannot handle the phone?

I love the phone... Hate the battery life... Even the extended battery!

I will try to contact tech support to find out if there is something I'm doing wrong or if there is another way to get the extended battery to last longer. If so, I'll let ya know!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why pay $60 when you can pay $44.99 from Radioshack. Even if you got this one, youll probably have the same situation. When im at work, i have the bluetooth on all day. Even with my old phone, non-android, i would have to make sure to turn off the bluetooth or i would run out of battery. Your situation is common amongst all phones, no phone can last long with bluetooth on all day, i bet you can't find a phone that would do that, no matter what carrier it is. If i were to turn on all of my features, gps, bluetooth, 4g, my phone would only last 4 hours at best. When im at work and have to have the bluetooth on, it might last half the day before i have to recharge, good thing i have a widget that can turn on and off the bluetooth at my home screen. Its the limitation that this an all other phones have, im sure if you were to dl an game like Gears of War, youd be disappointed. But thats phones, until they come up with a better batter material, or they invent greentooth, all phones have limited battery life. Good luck.

http://radioshackwireless.com/AccessoriesDetails.aspx?referringdomain=radioshack&agent=&oflag=&zipco...

ps. i found an even bigger battery online, but than thing looked scary to use, lol. Its on Amazon and has 3200 mAh of reserve. 500 more than you and i have.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I've been using the Sprint 2600 extended battery for about 2 weeks now and the phone has settled down to getting roughly 30 to 34 hours between charges.  That's with 3 email accounts, twitter, facebook, flickr and weather all updating in the background with multiple calendars.

I'll usually run about 2-3 hours talk time a day on the phone and another 2-3 hours of email / browsing etc.  Usually have WiFi on, 4G off.

Really liking the Sprint extended battery.  Before I'd get 9 to 12 hours on the stock battery.

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted

I have both the Sprint 2600 and the Seidio 3500 batteries.   I get about the same time per charge on the Sprint 2600 as wengla02  with the Seidio getting about 6 hrs. more.  For me either one is a good purchase because I charge my phone every night.  Before it was always questionable if I could get through the work day especially if My reception was poor.  In my opinion both batteries are worth it.  Rick

Highlighted
Journeyman

I mean, it says fully charged...my 3500 battery.  I can pull my fully charged battery out, put it directly into an external charger, and it'll charge for another good hour or 2.  Even the stock battery charges another good 20-30 minutes after the phone thinks it's fully charged using the stock charger.

I think an update is needed....seriously, I don't think this phone has the smarts to figure out that a bigger battery is being used.

The range I get is so  off-the-wall...it's not making much sense.

Stock battery using the included charger..battery life averages 2-6 hours.

Charging with an external charger ( no phone, just battery )  battery life averages 4-12 hours.

Extended life battery on the included charger...battery life avg. 4-12 hours.

Using the external charger, the battery life averages 8-25 hours.

( averages are based on heavy to uber-light usage )

I can only conclude that the external charger is actually fully charging the battery.

Highlighted

goygacon wrote:

I mean, it says fully charged...my 3500 battery.  I can pull my fully charged battery out, put it directly into an external charger, and it'll charge for another good hour or 2.  Even the stock battery charges another good 20-30 minutes after the phone thinks it's fully charged using the stock charger.

I think an update is needed....seriously, I don't think this phone has the smarts to figure out that a bigger battery is being used.

The range I get is so  off-the-wall...it's not making much sense.

Stock battery using the included charger..battery life averages 2-6 hours.

Charging with an external charger ( no phone, just battery )  battery life averages 4-12 hours.

Extended life battery on the included charger...battery life avg. 4-12 hours.

Using the external charger, the battery life averages 8-25 hours.

( averages are based on heavy to uber-light usage )

I can only conclude that the external charger is actually fully charging the battery.

Thats a lot of variation.  My results have been very consistent even after the last update which shaved several hours off.  I use two methods of charging;  1)the stock charger plugged in when the phone remains on and 2) a seidio external charger.  Both methods top off the batteries the first time, maybe I just got lucky but I'll take it.        PS.. I have two EVO's one with the update to 3.70 and one without so I know  for sure theres a difference,  Rick

Highlighted
Wizard

I am not on the phone much between 10 am and 8 pm m-f due to work restricting use of cell phones or camera operable devices due to privacy practices and security, but I always have GPS running, usually a live background, my antivirus for my phone, as well as 4 email accounts, text messaging, incoming calls, and updates as available and I maintain about 14 hours on the regular battery that came with the phone, if I turn off GPS and the live background I have gotten over 24 hours out of it. I had been thinking of getting an extended battery but am scared my phone will not fit in my case afterwards...I have the case with the belt clip that the Evo just slips down into...anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Highlighted

I'm glad to hear this because the battery life on my Evo stinks!  I love the phone, love the functionality, but it barely lasts 10 hrs without a charge, and that's only running email in the background.  No 4G, no GPS, nothing.  I upgraded from the Hero and the battery is sooo much better on that. 

Anyway, I'll try that battery, so thanks

Highlighted
Wizard

If you get the extended battery that Sprint carries (I know the Seidio is bigger and requires it) does it require a special back to make it fit or does that one fit with the same back that the Evo currently has?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

If i remember correctly it comes with a new back. Id rather deal with a bulkier phone with more life on the battery than a thinner dead/on a charger all the time phone any day 🙂

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO4G extended battery found

my wife and I both got Evos June 2010.  I put in the Seidio extended battery back in the Fall and have never looked back-- with heavy use I get around 26 hours.  Last month, my wife finally asked me to get her the extended battery too, and now she gets 30 hours.  Both of us feel the addition of weight/bulkiness is minimal and the change in battery life is dramatic.  Both of us now fully enjoy our Evos with only a charge while we sleep. Another nice advantage to the extended battery is that the camera lens cover is now protected and does not get scratched. The extended batteries do come with a new back door, but it is nice to buy the additional case for the evo with the extended battery so that it will protect the rest of the phone as well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat