cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G - Wifi problem from security update

Journeyman

HTC Evo 4G - Wifi problem from security update

Ever since the last emergency security update Sprint sent out like a month ago, my wifi on my Evo continues to disconnect and reconnect repeatly. It will stay connected for maybe 5 minutes, then abruptly disconnect, then reconnect and repeat. This burns up my battery even worse than my regular phone usage. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to roll back the security update or when will Sprint send a fix?

4 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC Evo 4G - Wifi problem from security update

This has to do with "N" wifi and/or certain routers. A maintenance release will be out shortly is what I have been told.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

GrandMaster

we lost the use of "N" back either with froyo or when we first got GB though. there was a huge thread of people freaking out over it. that much i remember lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

there HAVE been multiple people reporting the link with certain routers though..last i remembered the router in question started with a D...for the life of me i cant remember what it was called though..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have the same exact thing happening and it is very frustrating.  I have an N router.  I have contacted HTC regarding the issue and it has been sent to the escalation department.  If it makes you feel any better, HTC reports that many EVO 4G uses are experiencing this and they are attempting to release a patch.  As for when it will be released...no one is able to tell.  I have had the same router since before the most recent update and everything worked fine. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.