Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G - multiple problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Help! My phone was working fine until a couple of months ago. The phone started heating up really hot when I wasn't using it. Made sure that the 4G was turned off, since it is not currently available where I am. I uninstalled applications I had downloaded and wasn't using, and it was okay for awhile, but now recently, the phone restarts after I close and application. I can be using the internet or another application and if I hit the back button or the home key, a white screen appears with the HTC logo. After this, I go to check the list of applications and it reloads them (does that make sense?). This morning, I am having touch screen issues. I tried to unlock my phone. The keyboard appears and works when I type, but nothing appears in the text box. Then my phone acts as if I am not touching the screen at all. I cannot type text messages either. But I can use the phone. The only fix is to do a battery pull. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: HTC Evo 4G - multiple problems

Your may have a corrupt application/s which may be causing your device  to reboot or recycle when you tap on the back button.Powercycle the phone should help. Also, I would suggest you to delete any app that you feel may be causing reboot issue.If all other troubleshooting fails, back your contacts and other info to your SD Card and would  suggest you to do phone reset.For phone heating issue, would suggest you to visit Sprint Repair and Service Center to complete a diagnostic test on Phone and Battery.

GrandMaster

actually since that last update..the one prior to this last MR i also noticed my phone heats up alot quicker while doing things than it did before..actually i had to do a FR because of the memory leak issue and THATS when i noticed the heating up issue. i had it here and there before but not anything like this. even browsing (for 10 minutes +) while trying to charge my phone does it...before i never had a problem at all with doing that. especially now with games and even talking on the phone while charging.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Take your phone to a sprint repair center.  There is something wrong with the phone.

Wizard

I would try uninstalling any apps that run in the background or hard reset the phone before taking it to the repair center. There are a lot of apps that can start causing issues after updating the phone's software.

Journeyman

I have the exact problem and even sprint repair store can't do much, besides taking about 4 hours of my time, I am at the point to admit that sprint has the worst customer service in the industry. looking for other servers any suggestion?

Wizard

You're still having issues? Have you tried a hard reset? Sometimes problems happen with software updates. Most of these problems can be fixed by a hard reset. If these problems aren't resolved by the reset, the repair center would either re-flash the software or even replace the device.

Journeyman

Thanks for all the suggestions. It ended up being an app problem. I cleaned up my phone, uninstalling apps I wasn't using at first, and then narrowed it down to an app that kept force closing on me. The app was having issues syncing with my Google account. I uninstalled it and the phone has recovered and been working great since then. Thanks again for the help!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat