cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G unbelievable wait status?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo 4G unbelievable wait status?

i ordered my Evo at the Sprint store in Redford MI a month ago, and i just think its infuriating that you have to put down $318 for a phone that came out two months before, and i still dont have it. every time i call to see if its in, they tell me 'maybe next friday' or 'sometime next week'. why cant anybody important get on the horn to HTC and tell them to start shipping them out? ive tried complaining to HTC multiple times, but all i get are garbage 'we're doing the best we can, we're having shortages on materials for the 3.8 inch screen phones.'. well, the Evo is a 4.3 inch phone, so what's their excuse for that? with all the advertising and hype, they cant honestly say they're overwhelmed with orders. theyre really just holding off on releasing them so that they maintain popularity and the demand stays high. understandable. BUT, when you have people who put in orders waiting for a month or more? dont you think thats a little bit too long? who else has been forced to wait this long for their Evo? who else has been at the verge of just getting their money refunded and going straight to the Apple store to pick up an iPhone 4? at least you can walk out of the store with it on the spot.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo 4G unbelievable wait status?

Right now, the Evo is available at Sprint.com and you can have it in your hands tomorrow.  I would reommend ordering online and then getting your money back from that store.

Journeyman

I tryed the evo, it's not all that great.

Journeyman

I would disagree.  The Evo is a great phone.  The battery life isn't the best, but i can easily last through a full day (7:00am-midnight) with moderate use and still have 10-20% left.  If you are navigating and watching videos all day, battery life will be horrible, even on an iPhone.  Android is much more open than Apple's eco system and i hear that Google's music service is on the horizon.  Then again the cell phone market is so volatile right now, anything could happen (especially with Windows Phone 7 coming out soon).

Journeyman

That's cool, I understand your disagreement. I look at things in a different prospective. The phone is new so it has lots of problems, I tested it myself. Touch screen acts up, it shuts off at times, doesn't get all your emails, then erases them when you refresh it, some apps freeze, other time the phone freezes when your just doing regular use, black screen on some of them. My friend got it when it came out, just like everyone else, they got caught up with all the hype and the new phone syndrome. Now he can't stand it and wants to get something else. I warrened him. Give it some time, you'll end up returning it for a new one just like he did(3 times) then eventually you'll want a different phone all together. If it doesn't happen to you than great. There's just to many problems with it right now, just like the palm pre a waste of time and money. I've been testing out phones for a long time, I know what's good and what's not worth my time. I've been with sprint for a long time and I love their service, but even though the battery life on the iphone is not good(agreed) it still is the best phone out there. If sprint would bring it to it's line of phones I would be very pleased. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lecture you on phones but knowlege is power. Keep an open mind, don't get caught up on the new phone syndrome.

Journeyman

It is funny because I don't have any major and very few minor issues with the phone.  It is so crazy to think that 5 different Evos can have totally separate problems.  When Froyo came out i update with no problems, but many other users have had many problems.  I feel like there is something wrong with the way phones are manufactured.  I just don't like Apple's closed system.  This next year (and every single year) will be interesting as things become more advanced and the lines between laptop, tablet, and phone blur even more.

Journeyman

yeppp. they got em..... all u complainers and crybabies heres ur chance.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat