Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

Edit: It was fixed, The charger was faulty. Thank you for the help though!

Hello, I have a HTC Evo 4G Phone.

Yesterday i went to charge my phone before I fell asleep, the amber light on top was on so i believed it would charge. But this morning at around 6:00 A.M. I woke up on my own, even though there should have been an alarm set. I usually use the phone as my alarm in the morning. I looked to my phone and it was off and wouldnt turn on, I thought the problem was that there was not enough electricity in the outlet. so i moved it to a different outlet and the amber light wouldn't turn on for about a minute. But when it did it started to flash and my phone wouldn't turn on. I had a friend help me turn it on and the blinking light went away but now it must stay on the charger or else it will turn off. I have been charging it by my computers USB drive, and it has stayed charging for an hour but the precentage was at 0% for that entire time. Any one have any reasons for it?

Something else is that a while back is that the phone was recently lightly cracked in the corner where it says HTC but that is the only part effected by the crack.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

to be honest it sounds like your battery took a flying leap on you..how long have you had this phone? if you plan on keeping it a while longer you might look into upgrading to a larger battery for the time being..i HIGHLY recommend a seido battery..the blinking amber color especially when plugged in is basically telling you that yes you have power...but there is an issue from that point on..if it was flashing amber/green then its over heating...its your battery..

Cakelikeslies wrote:

Yesterday i went to charge my phone before I fell asleep, the amber light on top was on so i believed it would charge. But this morning at around 6:00 A.M. I woke up on my own, even though there should have been an alarm set. I usually use the phone as my alarm in the morning. I looked to my phone and it was off and wouldnt turn on, I thought the problem was that there was not enough electricity in the outlet. so i moved it to a different outlet and the amber light wouldn't turn on for about a minute. But when it did it started to flash and my phone wouldn't turn on. I had a friend help me turn it on and the blinking light went away but now it must stay on the charger or else it will turn off. I have been charging it by my computers USB drive, and it has stayed charging for an hour but the precentage was at 0% for that entire time. Any one have any reasons for it?

Something else is that a while back is that the phone was recently lightly cracked in the corner where it says HTC but that is the only part effected by the crack.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Cakelikeslies,

Thanks for your post. It sounds as if the battery may be malfunctioning in the device and not holding a charge. One of our service and repair centers could take a look and get everything fixed for your ASAP. You can find your local store here: http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/ Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take it to a repair shop and get it repalced. Thats the same thing that happened when my CHARGER PORT went out. Sprint on here will probably give you a millions things it isnt but will never mention charger port.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest it sounds like your battery took a flying leap on you..how long have you had this phone? if you plan on keeping it a while longer you might look into upgrading to a larger battery for the time being..i HIGHLY recommend a seido battery..the blinking amber color especially when plugged in is basically telling you that yes you have power...but there is an issue from that point on..if it was flashing amber/green then its over heating...its your battery..

Cakelikeslies wrote:

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat