Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

Edit: It was fixed, The charger was faulty. Thank you for the help though!

Hello, I have a HTC Evo 4G Phone.

Yesterday i went to charge my phone before I fell asleep, the amber light on top was on so i believed it would charge. But this morning at around 6:00 A.M. I woke up on my own, even though there should have been an alarm set. I usually use the phone as my alarm in the morning. I looked to my phone and it was off and wouldnt turn on, I thought the problem was that there was not enough electricity in the outlet. so i moved it to a different outlet and the amber light wouldn't turn on for about a minute. But when it did it started to flash and my phone wouldn't turn on. I had a friend help me turn it on and the blinking light went away but now it must stay on the charger or else it will turn off. I have been charging it by my computers USB drive, and it has stayed charging for an hour but the precentage was at 0% for that entire time. Any one have any reasons for it?

Something else is that a while back is that the phone was recently lightly cracked in the corner where it says HTC but that is the only part effected by the crack.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Evo 4g: Will not charge.

to be honest it sounds like your battery took a flying leap on you..how long have you had this phone? if you plan on keeping it a while longer you might look into upgrading to a larger battery for the time being..i HIGHLY recommend a seido battery..the blinking amber color especially when plugged in is basically telling you that yes you have power...but there is an issue from that point on..if it was flashing amber/green then its over heating...its your battery..

Cakelikeslies wrote:

Yesterday i went to charge my phone before I fell asleep, the amber light on top was on so i believed it would charge. But this morning at around 6:00 A.M. I woke up on my own, even though there should have been an alarm set. I usually use the phone as my alarm in the morning. I looked to my phone and it was off and wouldnt turn on, I thought the problem was that there was not enough electricity in the outlet. so i moved it to a different outlet and the amber light wouldn't turn on for about a minute. But when it did it started to flash and my phone wouldn't turn on. I had a friend help me turn it on and the blinking light went away but now it must stay on the charger or else it will turn off. I have been charging it by my computers USB drive, and it has stayed charging for an hour but the precentage was at 0% for that entire time. Any one have any reasons for it?

Something else is that a while back is that the phone was recently lightly cracked in the corner where it says HTC but that is the only part effected by the crack.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Cakelikeslies,

Thanks for your post. It sounds as if the battery may be malfunctioning in the device and not holding a charge. One of our service and repair centers could take a look and get everything fixed for your ASAP. You can find your local store here: http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/ Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take it to a repair shop and get it repalced. Thats the same thing that happened when my CHARGER PORT went out. Sprint on here will probably give you a millions things it isnt but will never mention charger port.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest it sounds like your battery took a flying leap on you..how long have you had this phone? if you plan on keeping it a while longer you might look into upgrading to a larger battery for the time being..i HIGHLY recommend a seido battery..the blinking amber color especially when plugged in is basically telling you that yes you have power...but there is an issue from that point on..if it was flashing amber/green then its over heating...its your battery..

Cakelikeslies wrote:

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat