Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4g about to be launched with a massive defect in the included 8gb microsd card?

Journeyman

HTC Evo 4g about to be launched with a massive defect in the included 8gb microsd card?

Has anybody heard of this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/29/is-htc-evo-4g-about-to-be-launched-with-a-massive-defect-in-...

This would be a major bummer!  I'm switching over from my Hero....I'm wondering if I'd have to reformat the card, or if I could use it straight from the Hero?  That would save me having to copy over my music and photos....

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

i believe the cards themselves are defected and we are telling you that over 2000 of the evo's handed out  at google i/o (mine included) are experiencing this horrible issue. how do we get the card replaced with one that actually works? i thought it was just me until i noticed all these threads.

so now that we have raised this issue is it "acknowledged" by sprint or do you need more complaints to raise this issue? hopefully this thread is reason enough to begin your investigation.

Master

I'd think since Google is the one that gave them out, You should contact Google or HTC, This is not a Sprint issue(yet), From what I heard it has been taken care of as far as the devices that Sprint is going to be selling.

Journeyman

Ok, seriously, NOT a known issue? Really? After someone called and a rep told them it actually was known of?

I've seen multiple reports of issues with accessing the card on every single major tech website and forum out there that is relevant.

If you are a representative of Sprint, you need to pass a shareholder's opinion along (that would be me). You guys are absolutely blowing it on this launch. Dan is on video saying 4G won't cost more with the EVO in his hands and then you throw a "Premium data" charge specifically onto this phone. When asked for clarification, you people are not giving consistent or valid answers. You can't claim that it's for 4G, you can't claim it is to lift the 5GB cap because that was your reason when trying to force me into an Everything plan when I wanted the Hero, and you can't claim it's for hardware features because it's not a significant advance in any way whatsoever technically, you can't say it's for video chat because Qik will be charging $5 more for premium features and it's unlimited data anyway, you can't claim it's for more general data usage because you already used that excuse for the Everything plans, essentially you can't claim it's for anything.

I can understand the hotspot fee, but it's free until sometime July anyway and it will be a moot point due to Froyo (2.2) having it built-in. Even if you manage to restrict that feature, $30 is exorbitant and I doubt many will pay for it.

You guys were quiet on the battery front and now that reviews have hit the web, it is utterly dismal, further killing hype for the phone.

Something needs to be done, but Friday is only four days away. You had all the hype there could be until you decided to marginalize new users by stupid fees and now bad reviews compounded by the fact that you canceled the Nexus One as a backup non-luxury Android handset. Now you're launching a Motorola IDEN Android handset on Boost and Nextel, but seriously, what existing customer would want that? Do I dare mention the treatment of Premier customers here? It's insulting to put it bluntly.

Ignoring a problem by saying it isn't a known issue when it clearly is a known-by-everyone-but-you issue. The issue here I see is Sprint.

Get your shit together and stop making excuses; own up to problems instead of pretending they don't exist.

Journeyman

The card needs to be formatted properly. That should take care of the issue.

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Journeyman

I agree - since reformatting my card, I've had no problems.

Hopefully they'll get the word out to the stores.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat