cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 6/13? - Rumors and Buzz Only (clean thread)!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo 6/13? - Rumors and Buzz Only (clean thread)!!!

I know we are all really excited and intrigued by the Evo.  In fact, several threads have been closed now due to our enthusiasm getting a little out of hand.  I am hoping wjackson, ajac, mgames, jsmart, acp, mxmarcus, oak, madscientist and the rest of us who have come from the original supersonic thread can have a civil, mind-blowing, and respectful discussion.

A new rumor is HTC Evo release of June 13th?

What do you all think?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/04/htc_evo_4g_to_arrive_june_13th.html

553 REPLIES 553
Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo 6/13? - Rumors and Buzz Only (clean thread)!!!

Civility would be a very good thing.

I sure hope it's sooner than later!!

Master

I believe it will be close to that, By the past summer launch dates.

Samsung Instinct June 20th (Friday)
Palm Pre June 6th (Saturday)

Journeyman

As long as people stay away from name calling I think everything will be fine, that and not over reacting if someone questions information that's posted. Anyway I think we would all agree the sooner this phone comes out the better, with the Iphone thing that happened today they are already going to start dominating the mobile tech media from here until the iphone launches and it'll only get worse as time goes on. I know some people keep saying they want to launch the Evo with android 2.5, I would say if they have 2.1 working well anytime soon just get it out and then do a fairly quick update later on as long as the 2.5 has features that are really worth updating to. The way people are talking about the update they make it sound like it'll only take 2 or 3 weeks extra for them to go from  2.1 to 2.5 but that just doesn't seem to make sense, if it was only a matter of 2 weeks for them to get a new version of the OS on the phone I would think they would have just done that from the beginning. I know it's a modified version of 2.1 going on the phone right now anyway because android 2.1 isn't really meant for "4G" and they are having to do some work arounds just to get it to operate properly to begin with. That's not meant as an attack on anyone lol just seems odd that it would only take an extra 2 weeks to have the phone go from 2.1 to 2.5, seems like an awfully fast update considering 2.1 just came out phones with sense last month and those are standard 3G phones.

Journeyman

Thanks SoCal - I apologize for leaving you off of my list - you are clearly an android master from whom we can all learn a lot!!!!

I really appreciate your comments since I came across this article which has made me re-consider -what is the best?  Evo, Incredible, or iPhone 4G?

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/04/07/sprint-htc-evo-4g-coming-on-june-6-unless-it-comes-on-june-13-ru...

Sprint waiting so long to release the Evo is giving me pause since the incredible and iphone 4G may be released earlier. (My Sprint contract is already up and I am free to roam about the country at this point).

HELP ME EVO MASTERS!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Great info SoCal!!

First and foremost, I'm not a fanboy!!!! I've bought and sold all my iPhones and iPod Touches, because they bored me to tears.

People are gonna have a hard time deciding on which device they want, with this new iPhone 4.0 update.

The way they did multi-tasking is very nice, imo.

I'm all about the latest a greatest technology.

That's why I love Android.  It's new, it's different, and it's not locked down.

EVO 4G, I'm waiting for you!!!!!

Journeyman

@cityw3

Don't leave Sprint, just because they're making us wait(which is killing me).  It may come back to bite you.

After the EVO 4G comes out, then you see if it's all you ever wanted and more.

At that point, decide away!!!

Journeyman

Thanks scb! -- your enthusiasm and past experiences with Apple devices is helpful to me!

I have watched Apple stock skyrocket while Sprint stock has tanked -- even after the announcement of the Evo, and it has made me wonder why investors love Apple but not Sprint.

Today Apple Stock 239.95/share  Sprint 4.00/share

Journeyman

I don't understand why Sprint is losing so many people.

I think people still think Sprint is still the same Sprint of the past.

I never knew that Sprint.  I joined Sprint in 6/2008, and I've never regretted it.

Journeyman

I have to look at the Evo as a 3G phone for now, with 4G only coming to LA at the end of the year I don't know if I'll even have access to that because I'm about 12 miles outside of LA. When you take away the 4G functions of the Evo it's really like all the other HTC phones coming out right now like the desire or the N1 but with a better camera and larger screen. I think people need to keep their expectations low as far as 4G until they have the network built out, chances are most of us won't be using that part of the phones functionality for a while. So the thing people would have to ask themselves is do I want a 3.7 inch screen or a 4.3? do I need an 8 MP camera or can I go with a 5 MP? is 720p video that important to me if I don't even know the true quality of it yet? there are already phones that record in 720p, sprint has one on their network now called the Instinct HD and it does a pretty bad job as an HD camcorder so hopefully the Evo has higher quality recording capabilities.

I don't say those things to be a downer lol I just don't want people to be disappointed, being the first product out for something rarely means you are the best, with 4G still being very limited and also not really proven yet I think it'd be best for all of us to keep the expectations reasonable, 4G won't be life changing as some have said, at least not at first, as we all know when new tech comes out it usually has a lot of growing pains early on, a lot of people who use clear/wimax now say it is nowhere near as fast as they were told it would be and that the signals drop quite often.

With all that said I really want this phone and I want sprint to do well but they shouldn't hold this thing off too long, we don't need to see a reinactment of the palm pre fiasco of a launch that we saw last year lol. I think as I said before they should just get 2.1 running as flawlessly as they can, put the phone out and then make it the first phone that gets updated to 2.5 when it's truely ready.

Journeyman

SoCal,

I agree with everything you stated.

I have faith in Sprint, but I hope they do not disappoint!!

Sprint, bring 4G to Okahoma City!!!

Message was edited by: scb1898

Journeyman

Most sites, and my inside source, say a June release date, but a specific date was not given. Hope they can keep the hype machine going for that long since other phones are coming out between now and then on other carriers that could take some the wind out of the sales of the EVO.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat