cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 6/13? - Rumors and Buzz Only (clean thread)!!!

Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo 6/13? - Rumors and Buzz Only (clean thread)!!!

email from sprint I got

Thank you for contacting us through Dan@Sprint.com.  From reviewing your email, I understand you have expressed your concerns regarding the $10 Premium Data fee.  This fee is so that the HTC EVO users can experience the data quality that EVO provides.  HTC EVO users will typically consume more data, and the Premium Data fee assures they have the bandwidth to do it.  The HTC EVO 4G works using both 3G and 4G technologies.  I understand your concern regarding this fee put in place.  Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate team for further review.  If you have any additional concerns or questions in the future you can reply to this email or I can be reached at 757-223-3230 M-F 8am-5pm EST.

Thank you for choosing Sprint we value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Journeyman

i tottally agree with you ive been with sprint for so long since 98 and its sucks that they seem to be not thinking logically if they want more people to come over to sprint they should just offer the 4g service for free are they forgetting that verizon will be lauching lte 4g next year so they got only  a year ahead of the competition to take advantage of their position and your not forgetting that the wimax is slower than lte 4g that tmobile att and verizen will be using so if they had a any idea they should grab as much customer and dont charge that 10 dollar fee  also  believe thats really going to hurt their sales doing this i thought the idea was to get more customers

Journeyman

In answer to your question, the answer is no, I am not going off 3rd party information.  I actually spoke to a Sprint rep tonight about this subject, and to tell you that they don't know anything would be an understatement.  For example, I was told the 10 was for the higher data usage that the evo is expected to accumulate.  Again...unlimited data plan to me means unlimited data regardless of the phone especially if I am in a 3g area and still will be before my latest contract will expire.  I was assured as well this evening, and write this down in case it actually is true, and also if it isnt......that the 10.00 will cover the data usage for all items in question.  In other words, and I asked her 5 times, there will be no extra charge for the hotspot feature, it all comes with the 10.00 fee.  If that is true which I highly doubt, then people might be looking at the whole thing differently.  I'd like to believe what she said, but something tells me it will all still boil down to 39.99 for hotspot and the double secret data charge

Journeyman

It's so crazy how the information doesn't trickle down properly to the reps.

We need a management overhaul at Sprint.

Get everyone on the same page and everyone saying the same thing.

I'm still buying an EVO 4G.

And I do plan to use the heck out of some EVO data when I get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't get me wrong brother, I am getting mine too and frankly it's become an addiction.  Like you said however, get everyone on the same page, that's the frustrating part.  The original interest in this phone was due to my paying 29.99 a month for my blackberry plan, and an additional 15.00 a month for tethering ability.  I have stuck with my same plan and my Blackberries for that simple reason....to not lose the tethering ability which they don't offer to anyone new, and which doesn't work 70% of the time.  I won't be going anywhere else due to my loyalty with Sprint and they have always treated me more than fair.  However, everyone should be telling you the same thing, not something different, or hanging up when they don't want to tell you the truth...lol

Journeyman

PDANet to the rescue!!!

Journeyman

thats  crazy casue i posted the same info yesterday i also spoke to a rep told me the same stuff they have a big meeting wed or thursday to verify this so its looking like something is about to give

Journeyman

It would be nice if something gave.

Journeyman

Hey everyone - first of all good luck today in the "Win an Evo Contest"!  Please let us all know if you win an Evo, so that we can be jealous and cry, and then please tell us all about the details!

Journeyman

I hope I win!!!!!

Journeyman

I entered but I have never won these types of big contests

Message was edited by: Les-Grossman

Journeyman

Sprint would be making a big mistake if they didn't make an immediate update to Android Froyo (2.2) before or on June 4th. The performance increase of 2-500% is enough to warrant it a launch requirement.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat