cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo Boot Loop

Journeyman

HTC Evo Boot Loop

My wife's HTC Evo started randomly rebooting itself a few months ago.  Over time it has gradually gotten worse, going from once every few days to now 20-30 times a day.  Sometimes it will reboot 5-10 times in a row before it stays on.  Neither Sprint nor HTC's customer service were any help, each telling me to contact the other.  A quick Google search shows that she isn't the only one having this problem.  Has anyone else on here exerienced this and, if so, were you able to fix it or get either Sprint or HTC to help you?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES

Re: HTC Evo Boot Loop

dc2213,

Remove the battery then holding the volume down button press and hold the power button.  You should see the hboot menu (pictureed below) come up on your phone,(if the phone starts with the normal Sprint splash screens pull the battery and try again) .

Fastloader.jpg

Using the up and down volume keys scroll down to FASTBOOT  and select using the power button.  This will pull up the FASTBOOT menu,  scroll down and select REBOOT (pictured below).  The device should take a minute and reload back to the home screen.

REboot.jpg

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

I had the same problem several months ago.  I took it to a Sprint Store, they said it was a software problem.  They replaced my phone free of charge.

Journeyman

I have this same problem with my phone. I reboot my phone using the volume button/power button combo and my phone still goes through boot loop. I have to go through the process of rebooting my phone with the volume/power buttons 4 or 5 times before it works and even then I have to redo it EVERY day. It makes my phone useless to use!!! I can't get my phone replaced because they dont make this phone anymore. What should I do???

Wizard

Hard reset.

Wizard

Hard reset.

Wizard

Phones are only supposed to be replaced for hardware problems. If it is a software problem, the the phone needs to be reset.

Journeyman

What is a hard reset? And I've already had my phone factory reset once because of this problem. I shouldn't have to do it again.

Wizard

A hard reset would be the same thing as Mr.Sprintastic described except you choose Clear Storage. Then you use the phone with NO additional apps. If you still have the problem, then it is not software and the phone will need to be replaced.

Journeyman

What's the point of having a smart phone if you can't use additional apps? Well Regardless I called sprint about the powercycling and the sent me to a store with an eTicket which got me a brand new phone free of cost.  So to answer the original posters question: If you are still having problems CALL SPRINT they will replace the phone because it is a known issue with these phones.