cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo loses 3G data connection

Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo loses 3G data connection

same thing happens to me also.. over the last 7 days I have been in New Orleans, Las Vegas, Dallas, Rosemont, IL, and my normal territory is Southern Cal... I spoke with a tech support person in November because I was fed up with the phone as was looking for a refurb.  I was told by this individual that the last update that was pushed to all EVO 4Gs caused the problem and they do not have a fix.  I was given the option of spending $100 to upgrade early and then pay $199 plus tax on $599 to upgrade to the EVO 4G LTE?????  WTF?????  I am waiting for my contract to end in May and switching carriers. 

Journeyman

This has been happening to my Sprint evo phone also - about 1-2x a week. Mobile network is on but disconnected. I have to reboot or sometimes turn off then back on. Spoke to sprint who told me it is probably a hardware issue (i kind of doubt that). Note that I'm using evo LTE phone, and 4G, so i don't think upgrade to evo 4G resolves the issue!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its been happening to me lately. It seems tower specific. I supposedly have a 3g signal, but data isn't working. If I leave my area and go to a different tower's zone, it works again.

I think either the tower has issues, or more likely, Sprint is prioritizing traffic .

GrandMaster

yours is more than likely network related. if it were phone related you wouldnt be picking up a signal anywhere.

hop over into the network and coverage forum and post your zip code and the closest cross streets to where you see the data loss...no physical addresses.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage?view=discussions&st...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same problem here in Rochester, NY.  I can get data in surrounding towns but absolutely nothing were I live.  Worked fine for years and just suddenly stopped, been dealing with it for a month now.  Sprint claims there's nothing wrong with towers and since there are no 'open' tickets there must not be anything wrong!  They keep blaming it on spotty coverage but my upload speeds have not been impacted!  Constantly getting the run-a-round from them, completely useless customer service.  This is affecting 3 different EVO devices on my account - Original EVO, EVO Design and the Shift.

GrandMaster

if you test out the data speeds and the upload is fine but the download is horrible then its a safe bet that the tower(s) youre connecting too are over capacity...you also have to remember that they are currently deploying Network Vision upgrades all over NY and the surrounding areas..which is going to hammer on the existing warn down network since they have to take the tower off line in order to work on it and do the upgrades...which now means everyone on that tower is now pushed onto another tower..which more often than not was near its full capacity of people or is now OVER capacity.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.