Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Junk

Journeyman

HTC Junk

I took my Evo in for repair and fortunately they able to fix I thought....when exiting the repair center found out there were no cell service returned to the store. The tech realized that he left my phone in repair mode and he quickly restored it to primary mode. Now after getting home and beginning to reload my apps found that the SD card reader is not functioning. Called service and repair. They tried as usual to fix over the land line phone and as usual waste of time! Phone still not fully operatable...call again got eticket for replacement. Ok, so it was to be delivered next day. No phone! Called again was in informed that the EVO 4g is back ordered. Now I have been waiting, and waiting! Call corporate...mad as hell because for a company that is the size of Sprint they don't know what thier inventory is? Why tell me next day delivery and know that you don't have any in stock! B..sh..!

Is there anyone who have had problems with their card reader not working? I talk to them about it and was told that there were no issues with that part of the phone . But when I Googled it it seems to be a somewhat common problem with HTC and some others. Why is it that when you talk customer service, they make it seem as if you don't know what you are talking about. When they are the ones who are clueless, there is to much info out there (internet) for me or anyone who desires info on anything.

Sometimes I think that I know more than some of them! When this issue is resloved I will be contemplating changing service...eventhough I been with Sprint for over ten yrs. I don't like being told confusing info and being put on hold. My life continues even without Sprint!

When that bill is due they expect payment in a timely matter, well I expect the same when it comes to service of any kind. When I pay on time don't give me back ordered or some lame excuse about why you can't provide the service. Cause when the shoe is on the other foot there is no excuse for me regarding when payment is due! Always by AMERICAN!!!!!!!!

japanese junk comes to your nearest store...corporate america greed! they don't care about me or you just their profit marigin!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

does it give you a failure notification and if so what does it say?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Not an HTC, but had a BB that would not read the SD Card. I cleaned the contacts on the card first, then it would somewhat work. The Repair Center cleaned the contacts on the phones card reader and it has worked ever since.

GrandMaster

RC1024 found out a while back that if you have alot of folders and sub folders on your sd card that it will then unmount your sd card and say it is corrupt. he tried to find out exactly how many files and such you can have before this happens but he ran into a wall trying to get that info.

i have ALOT of separate files and so on on my stock sd card and have this happen from time to time. drop it into another phone and get rid of a few pics or something random you dont really use. put it back into the phone and it should work just fine again.

if this is the case here then you also have to remember that for every app there is a file and sub file...on top of that messaging apps and browsers keep additional folders for bookmarks, cache, history, etc.

from what i remember it didnt matter the size of the sd card, they all had the same limit....which if thats the case...sucks lol

then again if its a corrupt app or something on the sd card ....well...yah...that goes into using a computer to hopefully fix...which is out of my range of expertise lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, both of my new cards have been scanned and reformatted so there is nothing on them. But having a bad battery will destort and currupt the card totally. Especally when it is overheating! Corporate upper tier tech informed me of this. I didn't realized how much of an impact a bad battery would have on the OS! I do believe keeping the contacts and all other parts fairly clean would help!

I guess you would call it PM (preventive maintenance)! Just like anything else...I plan on doing a quarterly clean & check from now on. Along with taking it in to have diagnostics done to it, so I won't have this problem in the future with the new phone they're sending hopefully!

I contacted customer service and they have escalated my issue (moved to front of the line).

GrandMaster

the over heating causing it is a given seeing as how the sd card is right under the battery.

congrats on getting things worked out though. nothing is more frusterating than being in the helpless limbo with a phone that doesnt work properly lol

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat