cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half picture is blurry. Can't fix it. Help!

Journeyman

Half picture is blurry. Can't fix it. Help!

For months now every time i try to take a picture half of the pic comes out blurry. It doesn't matter if I clear the cache in camera app, or set it to widescreen or regular or iso auto ot 100 or 800 or normal, fine or whatever setting there is in HTC evo nothing helps. Finally my bank came out the online deposit but I can't use it because half of the check is blurry.  I thought the lens was scratched up. but i actually sand it down and polished it up with PlastiX and now the lens looks superb clean but didn't help.  Help?!   Attached a pic of what is the problem.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Half picture is blurry. Can't fix it. Help!

GrandMaster

put slight pressure to the lens area itself..see if it came undone. again SLIGHT pressure..if it did come loose you'll most likely hear a click sound when it pops back into place.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No it did not help. Smiley Sad

Master

There are three components to the camera.   The lens  the circuitry in the device and of course the software.  First is the software up to date.  You should be on version 5.07.  Second as fireguy mention the lens may not be seated correctly this can cause and issue with focus.  Third is the device itself.

If the software is up to date I would suggest taking the phone into a service and repair store so they can look at it .   When you are taking a picture does it look fuzzy prior to taking the picture.  If you take a video do you have the same  problem.

GrandMaster

another question. if you drop your sd card into a computer...do the pics still look blurry?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

^ of course they are still blurry. I know if the pic is going to be blurry because i can see it on the screen.

GrandMaster

then im thinking its something with the camera itself. further in

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok.. so here is something else. If I just let the phone auto focus then 1 side will be blurry... just as before.

But if I manually focus by clicking on the corner that was blurry before than the pic becomes blurry on the other side and what was blurry is now nice and sharp. Explain that.

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

GrandMaster

im still thinking its something with the camera itself.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat