Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard resetting my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hard resetting my phone

Hello,

I have bought used sprint mobile phone on eBay and when it was delivered it had pattern lock, after couple of tries it was blocked, I asked seller for the email address and password, but of course he doesn't want to tell me, he told me that I can unlock it from bootloader and even gave me sprint link where it was explained how to do it, I tried doing it, but I couldn't do because I can't enter bootloader, I guess it's because fastboot is checked in settings and I can't uncheck it because without his email I can't get into phone and neither in settings. If you have any ideas how can I reset the phone or get into the phone in this case please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Hard resetting my phone

levani

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can unlock the device by resetting it back to factory settings. May I ask what device you have? The method to reset the device varies depending on what device it is. Please let us know. We will do our best to assist you. 

Omar
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm sorry I had written incorrectly, the seller told me that from bootloader (HBOOT) I could make factory reset and I couldn't do it for the following reason that I have already written - bootloader doesn't start, because in it's settings fastboot is turned on, so by pressing volume down and power button it just turns on quickly. As for the phones model it's Htc Evo 4G, as you can see I'm posting it in this section.

Thanks for paying attention for my problem.

Master

levani,

Thanks for posting. Just following up with you to determine if this issue is still ongoing. Please keep us posted.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat