cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware warranty on rooted Evo?

Journeyman

If one were to have a rooted Evo (hypothetically of course), and the charging port became loose and wouldn't charge as easily as before, would one be able to get this fixed? I'm just wondering since software doesn't impact that piece of hardware.

This is the (strictly hypothetical) issue: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/36768

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

All you can do is take it to a corporate sprint store and tell them that the charge port is broken. Most posts I've seen for this sort of thing, is they will replace it, since it is hardware, not software. They may not even check to see if it is rooted. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

IF the store checks and find it's rooted, they can deny the warranty coverage.  IF the mfg finds it's rooted, they will deny us the return and we'll have to eat the cost of the phone.

Be nice - reflash and restore your phone before returning it. 

Thank you,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I would tell the person to unroot the phone first and take it in.They will most likley replace the phone anyway to be safe put a stock rom back on the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat