cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! Help with call history please

Go to solution
Journeyman

Does anyone know why the call history on my son's phone(HTC EVO) shows incoming and outgoing phone calls with a number "N"?  When I try to call it back....it says invalid number and when I try to go into call history detail...it says there is none.  There are several of these calls almost daily and it is a concern to me.....

13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager

Sorry I can't help, but that's a new one I have not heard of, I would suggest taking it to your nearest store so someone can visually look at it, sounds like it might be something hard to explain without seeing it.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

Can you take a pic of the phone so we can see what it looks like?

Master

Re: Hi! Help with call history please

if your son has incoming and outgoing calls with a 'N' number, are you sure he does not want you to look at those calls? maybe he has his call log hidden/protected? because if there are outgoing calls with a "N" number, that means he did make outgoing calls to that specific #. These are all questions since I have never heard or seen anything like this. Also if he is not protecting any files, see if he has a 3rd app that actually saves and encrypts apps or contacts. Please get back to us with some answers or pic.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

If thats true, the phone will be rooted, and if thats true, then he has a program that lets him get those changes. Look through his list of programs in the market, if you find a program that lets him edit phone numbers in that manner, then Dj_Damjano is right. If not, then it could also be a virus. You, as a parent, should know if hes keeping things from you and you should know if hes the kind of person that would do such a thing. Theres a huge gap between my younger siblings and i, to the point that they see me as a father figure.  I know know them well enough to know if theyve been doing something or not, and they are menaveluent or not to do such a thing. If you have the same confidence as i do, then you should be able to do the same thing. Only way to find out, is ask. Be involved. For all we know, he might be doing something more than you know or it could just be a simple program anomily that some phone experiences. Im sure its a phone thing and not a person thing. Good luck.

Journeyman

I agree with the others.

Step 1: ask your son why it shows an "N".  If he doesn't know, then go on to step #2

Step 2: Let him know that you are going to take it to a Sprint store which will give him an opportunity to suddenly remember why it shows an "N". If he still does not know, then go on to step #3

Step 3: Take it to a Sprint Repair Store because maybe he really doesn't know and there is something wrong with the phone.

and always remember who pays that Sprint bill!

p.s. Another option would be to do a factory data reset on the phone, and see if that solves the problem.

Journeyman

I did a test and called my phone from a blocked number.  During the call it showed up as "private number", but then when I went to my call history, it showed up as an "N".  So, I can explain the "N" on incoming calls as coming from a blocked number.  "N" on an outgoing call, I cannot explain.  Are you sure his outgoing calls are showing up as an "N" also?  Maybe your son is not hiding something from you. I feel bad recommending you accuse your son of hiding something .. but then again... it keeps him on his toes!

Journeyman

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.  I did call sprint and was told that it is either a virus or a business trying to call in.  We took the phone in since we were also having problems getting on the internet and it seems to have stopped the phone calls also. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Just so we can help others who may have this same issue in the future...you were told the reason you were seeing an "N" was because of a virus or because of a business?  And getting on the Internet stopped the calls?  Any details you can provide you be much appreciated!

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

We thought it was a virus but turns out that it is a phone number that has been coded private.  Still not sure about the outgoing calls....he stopped doing those and he told me that the person that is calling with the private number is someone who is harassing him...that is why he stopped answering and calling back.  Anybody know what to do about someone calling all the time with a private number?

GrandMaster

if the N shows for the private number coming in then my guess is he's possibly blocking his number and making his number private  when calling it back? there's different apps out there that will let you block certain numbers. i use mr. number-call block. gotta watch out though since i think dr offices and such have private numbers as well. might end up blocking those as well.

good luck

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If it really is harassment and you've asked them to quit calling, call the cops. After all, it IS a cybercrime and even the feds don't put up with that. Or maybe just the threat of legal action might do it. But it IS illegal for someone to keep calling you after you have asked them to stop.  --  Sharon

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat