cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my Swype to work now???

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I get my Swype to work now???

I didn't know what was included in the Evo update, and had the Swype Beta installed on my phone and didn't uninstall it before updating. It now, continually forcecloses and Swype is completely unusable for me. Yes, I have uninstalled the Swype Beta Installer already, cleared the cache and have rebooted many times...to no avail. How can I get my Swype to work? This really should have been a feature on the phone to begin with, but that is neither here nor there now...

Message was edited by: MOCHA025

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: How do I get my Swype to work now???

I am having the same issue with both Swype and Swiftkey.  It appears the update will not allow me to use either.

Journeyman

I just backed up what I needed, and did a factory reset. Now my Swype is working, but my Swiftkey I never had a problem with. It still works perfectly fine. You might want to factory reset your phone to get things working properly. Hope that helps .

Journeyman

I recently updated...well half updated my phone (canceled it) and I didn't know anything about uninstalling Swype.  It had stopped working and after a few hours of freaking out I somehow re-installed it.  But my only question is now, the keyboard for swype is red and big.  Is there a way to revert Swype to the old black small keyboard?

Journeyman

You need to make sure you uninstall both the Swype Downloader/Installer PLUS the Swype app itself. I would suggest just in case to reboot your phone, go back into settings and enable the pre-loaded swype app. Don't forget to long press in a text entry area to select the INPUT TYPE and select Swype.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat