cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import my contacts from my Instinct to my EVO?

Journeyman

How do I import my contacts from my Instinct to my EVO?

I can't figure it out! I used Mobile Updates with my Instince with my Instinct, but apparently it's not available for EVO. So besides taking it into a Sprint store, how do I do it?

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do I import my contacts from my Instinct to my EVO?

Ran into this too, moving from the Instict as well. Did some research online to discover the Evo isnt compatible with the Contact backups that the Instinct ran. Apparently there is a way to export them to a text file from your account page on the Sprint website, but ONLY if you do so before the Instinct is de-activited...once the Evo is activated, that portion of the website is removed, leaving the only option to take your Insinct and Evo to a Sprint store to have them transferred.

Thats what I ended up doing...no charge...no questions asked...took them 10 minutes or so.

Journeyman

I was afraid that was the only way. I guess I'll be heading into the store today. Thanks!

Master

Here are the instructions of how to do it before deactivating your Instinct.

You need to go to your "Sprint Mobile Sync"(Contacts) page(from your account page at sprint.com) and "Export" your contacts to your PC in .csv format. Once you deactivate your Instinct you lose access to the Mobile Sync page alltogether and won't be able to get to your contacts. ...Take the .csv file and "Import" it to your Google account and you will be ready to sync it to your EVO or most of Sprint's new smartphones.

But if your Instinct is already deactivated you can bluetooth them from your deactivated Instinct to your new EVO.

Journeyman

Awesome. I had the same question. But now I'm not sure how to do it over bluetooth. Care to teach me how? Thanks so much

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.