cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Maximize battery life on EVO 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

Use one of your seven personalized pages specifically for settings widgets.

A lot of people know to utilize the widget to toggle 4G, Bluetooth, Wifi and GPS on and off, but there is also a switch for 3G which is called mobile network. Turn off any setting not necessary and your battery life will improve tremendously.

It is also helpful to download the HTC battery widget so you know your exact battery percentage. I recommend ordering a couple spare batteries from Amazon as well. I got two additional batteries that last longer than the manufacturer battery for $26. (1800 mAh)

They  are no bigger than the manufacturer battery, so the phone stays slim as intended. The EVO is the best phone on the market. I have had mine for 7 months and still love it.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

i had that battery widget on my phone. i actually got more life out of my battery once i deleted that back off my phone. it uses battery lol. i gained another hour roughly by NOT using it lol.

a big saver as well is unchecking data always on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: How to Maximize battery life on EVO 4g

ERICSCHWARTZ15 you are correct -

It just takes a small amount of managing your device.  Too many people hit the HOME key and jump off the cliff and open another app and wonder why their battery is not lasting.  Backing out of apps is a key as well as being smart about which radios to have running for what you are doing. 

Also it is about time for people who got the Evo last year to realize that batteries do get old.  I recommend buying a new OEM battery yearly especially if you plan on keeping the phone beyond the next 90 days.  I replaced my battery in March and even with more apps and all the updates I see 10% more battery after 8 hours than I did before - no other changes needed.  With all of the Evo users out there realize some devices are 90 days old and some are 350 days old.   Just food for thought.

The post below addresses all the app killers out there - just too good of a post not to link to it when we are talking about battery life.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/40152

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

edit..Here is a great article - 20 Tips and Tricks for Evo battery life  - just forget about #15 - the other 19 are sound ideas.

http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/05/20-tips-to-improve-htc-evo-4g-battery-life.html

GrandMaster

uhm...dont use a advanced task killer "ATK" they do more harm than good with anything above android 2.1

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat