cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add ringtones to an Evo?

Journeyman

Re: How to add ringtones to an Evo?

What a simple and brilliant solution -- BRAVO!!!!  (I do that all the time with CF cards but I guess with the SD card out of sight, it was out of mind too).

Mike

Journeyman

Things I learned the hard way:

(a) Inserting the USB cable into a computer only installs the correct driver if you have USB 2.  A USB 1 port (at least on Win XP) does squat.  You have to manually go find the driver and load it on the computer first.  Had not realized my 2 year old laptop only had USB 1

(b) There are so many options for the USB cable with this device. So you have to enable the one you want at any given time. See widget Settings -> Connect to PC -> Default connection type and then choose one of four options: (1) charge only, (2) HTC Sync, (3) disk drive (i.e. see phones SD card on PC), or (4) Internet Sharing (i.e. tethering so the PC can use the phones WiFi or 3G/4G if you paid for HotSpot).  You can also tell it to ask you each time you connect the cable so it reminds you to choose the correct one for that time.

Wizard

Another lazy way is to go to the market and down load the free app "ringtones". This app provides

over 15000 songs from which it will make ringtones. No need to have music on your computer or

your phone.

dd

Message was edited by: Dennyd

Journeyman

Thanks for all the info,I know this will come in handy and save me a lot of time!

Journeyman

Awesome.  I tried this application and yes it does work.  But first you have to have the music on your phone.  I was able to download my music from my computer via Windows Media Player then use the above application

Journeyman

Thank you so much theindiearmy. I was going crazy trying to follow those other suggestions. This was soooo easy

Journeyman

johnsam 911 try pressing the menu button, select notifications. At the top it should say outgoing and under that charge only. tap charge only and it should come up with a list of options. tap the one for hard drive. hope that helps.

Journeyman

Hi There!! I feel like i'm in the right church..wrong pew...BUT..

on the same subject of creating folders...im trying to create individual folders for my pictures..

if i let all my pics go to "camera shots"..ill never find what im looking for...can you offer any suggestions???

Journeyman

Hi there MrSpurg,

Your instructions were phenomenal, but I kept getting stuck at the part after you created a Ringtones folder.  LOL.  I finally figured it out.  I think this step should have been added to avoid any confusion/mistakes (for those of us that aren't as computer savvy ):

7.     Next I merely copied my favorite ringtones from a folder on a hard drive in my desktop computer to the ringtones folder I created on the SD Card.

*** On your HTC EVO, change your "Connect to PC" back to "Charge Only" ***

8.     Then I selected SETTINGS in the Evo and selected PHONE RINGTONE (set your default incoming call ringtone) -- scrolled down to find the ringtones I had transferred and selected the one I wanted for my Phone incoming call ringtone and viola -- it worked.

After figuring doing that, I finally stopped pulling my hair out   Thanks again for the instructions!

(That's what worked for me anyhow...still pretty new at this so if I'm wrong, I'm sorry!)

Sincerely,

Mai J.

Journeyman

Really like the phone starting to get the hang of it.I was able to get my computer to recognize my phone by following the instructions on this site. I have windows XP.I have to manually choose a connection under PC connection. Charge only ,disc,sync ,or Internet sharing.

I chose HTC syn after that was installed. I can now automatically get my phone to show up under my computer on my PC under the Disc E icon all your folders show up from your phone,music,pics, etc.. I can now make new folders on my phone or use existing ones.I just drag  folders from my documents or music and  or pictures from my computer onto my phone folders while I am hooked to my computer by the USB cable.I was also able to add my old contacts from my previous phone that I had also synced with this computer automatically I did not have to add new numbers one by one.This phone  can do so many things so everybody keep the info coming.

Journeyman

Go to your all app's page on your phone and choose the Gallery Icon and see if they are there. I added pictures form my computer to my phone to use as contact pictures and this is where I found them.If they are there select a picture push on you menu button and this will bring a icon for you to choose. CHOOSE "set as" this will bring you to the screen that that lets you choose your contact Icon and add it to your phone contacts. Hope this helped?

Journeyman

Okay so I followed everyone's suggestions and got the ringtones and notifications, I also did the alarms folder and put a song in that, clicked the big clock on my main screen, got to alarms and set a alarm and clicked alarm sound and it's not there.  Is there another alarm clock or place it could be.  I went to the media folder and did it the way you guys explained adding, ringtones and notifications and they worked but not alarm.

Thanks in advance

Meredith

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.