cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up verizon.net email acct on new HTC EVO 4G

Journeyman

How to set up verizon.net email acct on new HTC EVO 4G

Does anyone know to to set up a verizon.net account?    The Sprint store where I boughy my phone had no clue and I cannot figure it out. 

Thanks,

Darren

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: How to set up verizon.net email acct on new HTC EVO 4G

I AM HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM.  i AM GOING TO WORK ON IT.  EMAIL ME AT [removed personal info] IF YOU FIGURE OUT A SOLUTION, AND I WILL EMAIL YOU IF i FIND ONE.  They told me at the store that I need to get the pop settings from verizon.  I have been trying to find them and plan on calling verizon tonight.  Let me know if you figure anything out.

Thanks,

Steve

Message was edited by: SarahKS - Please do not include personal info in your posts.

Journeyman

YES!! Does any one know how to set up verizon mail account on the EVO???

Journeyman

Guys I don't have an EVO yet but I assume you're are simply looking for the Verizon server info?  If so they are:

Pop3:  incoming.verizon.net

SMPT: outgoing.verizon.net

Also remember your username is your full username plus verizon.net....ex. myname@verizon.net

Journeyman

Having the same problem, with my verizon and gmail accounts.  Get a can't connect to your server or wrong account info.

Journeyman

same  here I know how to set up pop mail when they ask for incoming and outgoing servers but the EVO is simply asking for a POP server ?????????

Journeyman

This works.......

INCOMING

POP Server = mail.verizon.net

Security - none

Server port 110

OUTGOING

SMTP = outgoing.verizon.net

Security = none

Server port = 25

Journeyman

Hi, I set my phone just like listed above, but when I tried to send an email, keep getting an error, "unable to send mail" "the account setting is incorrect"

Journeyman

Thank you! this definately works, after doing it wrong several times, your instructions ran smoothly! 

For those of you stuck trying to set up your Verizon email,

this is the ticket, 951turner was on point!

blessings! 

Journeyman

works on all Sprint phones!!!--thanks!!!

Journeyman

Thank you, your suggest really worked, especially since no one at the Sprint store knew what to do. And Verizon said it wasn't their problem.

Thank you

Journeyman

Works great you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat