cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use A2DP profile on HTC EVO to play music in Bluetooth Headset

SOLVED
Journeyman

How to use A2DP profile on HTC EVO to play music in Bluetooth Headset

Can anyone provide information on what settings to use in an HTC EVO to a signal via A2DP technology to a Bluetooth headset?

I would like to listen to music wirelessly via Bluetooth headset using A2DP technology versus plugging in standard 3.5mm headsets.

Any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How to use A2DP profile on HTC EVO to play music in Bluetooth Headset

If your bluetooth headset supports A2DP, then the EVO will recognize it and play music to the headset. It will also allow the headset to control the music: pause, next track, previous track are buttons on most stereo bluetooth headsets. But if your headset is a phone only model that doesn't support music, then music won't play through it. What headset are you using? Is it a stereo model and does it say it offers A2DP?

Journeyman

I am trying to use a Motorola H790 Bluetooth headset with my HTC EVO.

I have doubled checked with Motorola Customer Support that the H790 has A2DP technology included in the headset.

According to Motorola, the H790 has A2DP included in the headset and does not require any additional downloads or software.

I have tried to play music, videos, and even audiobooks throgh the Music feature on my HTC EVO but have not been able to get any sound via the headset.  Motorola does not have A2DP listed as a feature on their webpage, but they have assured me that it does support A2DP.

Are there any settings on the HTC EVO that I need to select in order to use this feature?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The H790 is not a stereo bluetooth headset. It does not have A2DP. You received bad information from Motorola. This headset is only for phone calls, and will not work for music playback.

Journeyman

KerryCunningham@Verizon.net wrote:

I am trying to use a Motorola H790 Bluetooth headset with my HTC EVO.

I have doubled checked with Motorola Customer Support that the H790 has A2DP technology included in the headset.

According to Motorola, the H790 has A2DP included in the headset and does not require any additional downloads or software.

I have tried to play music, videos, and even audiobooks throgh the Music feature on my HTC EVO but have not been able to get any sound via the headset.  Motorola does not have A2DP listed as a feature on their webpage, but they have assured me that it does support A2DP.

Are there any settings on the HTC EVO that I need to select in order to use this feature?

I suspect the above poster is right and your headset is not A2DP compatible.

The easiest way to check is to go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Bluetooth Settings, then long press on the headset under Devices and hit Options. If you don't see "Media" as a checkbox, the headset is not A2DP compatible.

As far as I know there aren't many A2DP-compatible one-ear Bluetooth headsets. Here are a couple I found online:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6450033&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBAS...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-AWEP870JBECSTA-Bluetooth-WEP870-Stereo-Headset/13072432?sourceid=1...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Per Motorola, the H790 supports Headset and Handsfree profiles; not Stereo Audio:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile+Phone+Accessories/Headsets/Bluetooth-Headsets/ci.H790-US-EN.alt

I used the Motorola S9 stereo headset and it was good for about 2 years daily use before the battery died.  Now I'm using the Plantronics Altec Lansing Backbeat 9xx stereo headset.  Solid, and great customer service.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Jonnythan518,

Thanks for the links.

I found the Jawbone Icon supports A2DP with a download from the Jawbone page.

Also, you are correct with Samsung WEP 870.

I think the Motorola H17 txt also supports A2DP.

Thank you.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.