cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc Evo 4g never got 2.3.5 now isnt gonna get ics????

Journeyman

This for me a sprint veteran is unexceptable. I have 3 of these in my family and now there on EoL with out even reciving 2.3.5? this doesnt make me happy. As im sure a lot of hopeful evo owners where till they read this post that sprint wouldnt lock them into a 2 year contract with something thats running outdated software and expect people who are loyal customers to stick around and watch all there friends and family enjoy new software at other providers. i know there are tons of evo owners if we all speak up maybe just maybe sprint will listen and the Evo will get just one last update Ics 4.0.  Id like to hear from other evo owners to see how they feel. Hopefully sprint will watch.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

SHouldn't you be on the HTC forums?  they made it and if an update is going to happen they will be the ones that will make it happen   not sprint.

Journeyman

Actually HTC releases the software sprint decides which product they release it to. Its always up to the provider. Here's a link you tell me http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-parting-with-the-HTC-EVO-4G-and-the-Kyocera-Echo-EOL-list-reve...

Journeyman

Plus htc didnt put me in a 2 yr contract with anything so there not responsable for my update happiness but sprint is.

Wizard

Re: Htc Evo 4g never got 2.3.5 now isnt gonna get ics????

The last I saw was that the EVO 4G was on the "maybe" list for ICS. Even tho the EVO has reached Sprint's EOL "end of life" I think they should at least push 2.3.5.

Wizard

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

"HTC knows how excited our fans are to get their hands on Google's  latest version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, so we're thrilled today  to announce the first wave of HTC phones that will receive upgrades: We  can confirm the brand new HTC Vivid is upgradeable to Ice Cream  Sandwich. In addition, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming in early 2012 to a  variety of devices including the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XL and HTC  Sensation XE, as well as the HTC Rezound, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G  and HTC Amaze 4G through close integration with our carrier partners.  We're continuing to assess our product portfolio, so stay tuned for more  updates on device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Ice  Cream Sandwich."

CONFIRMED DEVICES:

- Amaze 4G

- Evo 3D

- Evo Design 4G

- Rezound

- Sensation (ALL variants - OG, XL, XE, 4G)

- Vivid

DENIED DEVICES:

- Desire

- Nexus One

As you can see, the EVO 4G is NOT on the denied list. Keep your fingers crossed.

Journeyman

I really agree with ya on the 2.3.5 issue there's no reason the epic 4g  can run it and the EVO can't there the same on the inside. There for its just bad customer service. EVO owners demand your phone get updated.

Master

What does being on the end of life list mean?    Well it means that Sprint will not be buying any more of the phones to sell.  This could be because the phone did not sell well, the device manufacture has not more in inventory and is not going to produce more  because it is being replace with a different model device or technology and the device is out of date.  The phone is still supported and updated to the device are still made   Life time of a cell phone is about 15 months on average  some sooner some later.   Post that no more support would be had for t he Epic came out when it showed up on the EOL as well.  It just got it latest update. 

Journeyman

No one asked what EoL meant I think we know as far as the epic getting updates the EVO still doesn't run the lastest software and is still top 3 selling phones Sprint has. So just because the epic has 2.3.5 doesn't mean us EVO peers shouldn't complain that not only were we didn't receive 2.3.5 and now being told no ics either when in fact there is no more to ics than honeycomb and gingerbread since it is a hybrid. All I'm saying if we don't get ics we better get at least the 2.3.5 update so we can at least be equal to phones that are comparable.

Journeyman

And fact is The evo didnt get 2.3.5 because something had to make the 3d better than the evo. Becuase 3d isnt enough to make it sell when in fact the evo is an all around better phone. I say give the evo 2.3.5 and let the best phone win. But we all know the great customer service at sprint will not allow this. Atleast not till the 3d gets 4.0. Thats fine but the evo should recieve 2.3.5 the same day if not sooner. Thats me cutting to the chase just update the evo and let us enjoy our favorite not yours.

Journeyman

If the only reason is truely what ive read on the net about battery life. Honestly it was never good to begin with so im sure no one will even notice. Do to the fact it is already so bad you need to upgrade the battery anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just keeping this discussion alive and will continue to till we get an official sprint response thanks :-). Please update the evo 4g thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat