cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc Evo keeps resetting on its own and would not boot to home screen

Journeyman

Htc Evo keeps resetting on its own and would not boot to home screen

Htc Evo keeps reseting on its own and would not boot to home screen, after it gets to the 4G screen it just keeps resetting over and over non-stop on its own.  I tired the hard reset to factory settings, worked for a couples days and the same thing again while I was in the middle of a call phone just turn off on its own and kept resetting over and over after it got to the 4G screen

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Htc Evo keeps resetting on its own and would not boot to home screen

When u did the hard reset did u install the same apps you had before? (if you had any). What kind of rom do you have?

Journeyman

I didnt even get a chance to install anything into it, it started to do the same thing within a minute after it finallay booted to the home screen after the hard reset

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sounds like it is broken. I'd suggest taking it to a Sprint Service and Repair center for diagnostic checkup.

Journeyman

Omg!!! I am having the same issue. It reboots randomly at least two to three times a day. At first they told me it was my apps so I had a hard reset done, got home it worked for about 4 hours and started doing it again!! I don't know what to do at this point. Its only good for calling and texting. Anytime I try to go online, or even youtube it shuts itself off and reboots. Can anybody help? Cause obviously Sprint can't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is doing the same exact thing! It worked for one hour...now I am back to rebooting continuously!

Journeyman

I've also been having random reboots and there's a contiuning discussion about these issues over on the androidforums website.  Here's the link...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/96897-evo-rebooting-its-own-7.html

Some have had their EVO's replaced, but also reported that their replacement EVOs started having the same random reboot problems.

One person reported that HTC told him that the latest HTC software update 3.70.651.1 is suppose to fix this problem.  I installed the update today, so we'll see what happens as the day progresses.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.