Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not receiving e-mails on my HTC Evo

Journeyman

I am not receiving e-mails on my HTC Evo

Good Afternoon,

I haven't been receiving e-mail on my Evo for quite some time and was looking for help to resolve this issue.  Any assistance is helpful.  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Are they there when you open your email app but not notifying you when you receive them? And, is it Yahoo or Gmail?

TeaMo,

We need a little more info to provide assistance.  Can you access data on the device, good way to validate this is can you access web pages.  We also need to know what kind of e-mail account are we having issues with? Is it a POP or IMAP account such as Gmail for before mentioned Yahoo, or is it an Exchange account from your work.  

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

No its not there when I open the app and its gmail.  It says the last email i received was November 22nd, when its clearly not true.

Journeyman

Yes, I am using data.  I can open webpages and browse the internet on my phone. Thank you guys for your assistance

Wizard

Hi TeaMo,

There's a couple of things we can check.  First, go into menu>settings>accounts and sync>click your google(gmail) account>check to see if there are any red circles next to any of the items.  If not, go into the Android market on your phone and see if you are able to search or download any applications.  If this works too, try going to the following link from your computer and completing the Google Captcha unlock and then send yourself a test email.  https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

If none of these methods works, you will most likely need to reset your phone to factory default if this is set as your default account.  You can try to remove your account from your phone from the accounts and sync screen, but if it is the default account, it wont let you and you'll receive an error message.  If that's the case, you will need to complete a factory reset in order to remove the account from your phone and then re-sync after initial activation.  This will erase any personal information on your phone including call logs, text history, applications and personal settings.  Your contacts should be backed up to Gmail, but you can create a copy on your SD card by opening your contacts, pressing menu>import/export>export to SD card.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you are able to get Gmail working again.

Thanks

David

Wizard

lots of complaining on these sites, but this is real tech support right here. like what im seeing.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat