Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox deletion problem

Journeyman

Inbox deletion problem

Some of the emails in my inbox will not delete. They also won't pull up when clicked on. They are simply always in my inbox marked as unread. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks in advance,

Marc

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Is this your Gmail account or another email account? 

Are you using the standard email application or another program for your email?

Is this a personal or work email?

Reply with the answers and I will try to narrow down what is occurring.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thank you Larry,

This is my gmail account. It's pretty standard as far as I know. I use this account for personal use.

Appreciate your help:)

Marc

Journeyman

I use Outlook on my laptop for all emails and my EVO is suppose to sync with Outlook, but that's not happening either. I've downloaded the lasest software updates and yet no improvement there.

Thanks,

Marc

Master

Maybe you could try clearing the data on the Gmail application- just go to home/menu/settings/applications/all/gmail/ uninstall updates and/or clear data.  Sometimes my Gmail inbox shows 1 message even though it also says "there are no more conversations".  Clearing the data on the application usually fixes my issues.

-John

Journeyman

Thanks for your input John. I've gone into both of the email accounts that I have forwarding to my Outlook and deleted all emails in both inboxes. Yes there are still five emails in my EVO inbox that won't go away. When I attempt to delete them I get this error message: "Sorry! The application Mail (process com.htcandroid.mail) has stopped unexpectantly. Please try again." Of course when I try again, I get the same error message.

Thanks for trouble shooting this with me.

Marc

Journeyman

My only option at that point is to hit the Foreclose tab and the HTC Mail complete closes down.

Wizard

Did you try clearing data in the gmail app as posted above? Those steps will clear all data from the gmail app, forcing it to re-sync emails from scratch the next time you open it. If the problem emails re-sync and still won't let you delete them, delete them from the gmail website and clear data again. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Journeyman

Is there a distinction between "clearing data" and "deleting emails" as I did in all of my email accounts that I have forwarded to Outlook?

Master

Yes.  Clearing the data on the application "Gmail" is different than just deleting the email in your inbox.  As before, if you follow this path, it should fix the problem without you having to visit a store or resetting your entire phone:

home / menu/ settings/ applications/ all/ gmail/ clear data OR uninstall updates

That should fix it.  It always fixes any problems I have with the Gmail application.

Thank you

-John

Journeyman

Thank you John. Did the "clear data" and "uninstall" and still have 5 emails in my inbox from Nov 28 to Nov 30...weird! That's from one of the accounts I have coming into my EVO. The other account has 99+ in it that I can neither delete or open... So do you think I need to take it into a
Sprint store?

Marc

Master

So you are not having a problem with the app called Gmail but instead the app called mail?  If you are having different email accounts give you trouble it can't be in the Gmail app.  So instead try going to home/menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/mail/clear data

See if that fixes it.  If not, I'll have another option we can try.  Thank you!

-John

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat