Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox deletion problem

Journeyman

Inbox deletion problem

Some of the emails in my inbox will not delete. They also won't pull up when clicked on. They are simply always in my inbox marked as unread. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thanks in advance,

Marc

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

The Mail app itself shows 0.00B while the data of it shows 9.75MB. The clear data button is not accessable and is filtered into the background. I was able to Clear Cache, but that had very little data in it. I tried "Force stop"...we'll see what that did.

Marc

Journeyman

No change:(

Marc

Master

I am sorry.  The only thing left to do is reset your phone so it will reinstall the email application and fix the problem.  You can back up your contacts by going to people/menu/import export/export to SD card.  Also make sure you know your Gmail address & password.  Also all of your pictures, media, music, ringtones, etc are on your SD card so you will not lose them.  Your text message history will be deleted so make sure you save all of your picturemail to your SD card.  You can install all of your applications again easily by signing into http://market.android.com on a computer and viewing "my apps" and you can just click one button and install each one without even having to touch your phone.  I believe the reset will fix the problem.  If it doesn't then I will be happy to make a store ticket for you and they will fix it for you at the store without any problems.

I know you tried to avoid this!  Sorry!

-John

Journeyman

Okay understand. How do I go about resetting my phone? I think with that info I am go forward with the good coaching you have provided.

Thanks,

Marc

Master

Go to home/menu/settings/sd & phone storage/factory data reset.  It will reset and when it  boots back up should be just like new.

-John

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat