Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Txt Mess with wrong time stamp

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Incoming Txt Mess with wrong time stamp

Since the GB update my EVO 4g has been experiencing periods when incoming messages are 5 hours off.

i have set changed the time to not be automatic, but that did not help. updated prl as well.

i feel like it has something to do with signal strength, but i haven't been able to narrow it down to that.

Any ideas? I havent seen a lot of complaints about this.

Side note... my extended battery lasts 3 days easy after the updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had that problem on my Evo and it just continued to get worse. Its a bug in the stock app.. there is an android app that fixes it. its called "SMS Time Fix" and its free. works like a charm. hope it helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually its a known issue through google. im guessing youre using the stock text app.  until they fix it (its been known for quite a while now so dont hold your breath) use a 3rd party text app like handcent or go sms.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had that problem on my Evo and it just continued to get worse. Its a bug in the stock app.. there is an android app that fixes it. its called "SMS Time Fix" and its free. works like a charm. hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks... I downloaded from the Market after reading all of the positive feedback, we'll see how it does.

Highlighted
Journeyman

having same issue, app worked like a charm! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you this seems to have fixed my issues thus far!

Journeyman

I'm downloading it now and will also try this out.  Funny thing is this was never a problem when I first got my EVO 4G - it worked fine for months; just recently it's been getting worse and worse.  Let me install this and give it a week or so - hopefully I have the same results as amiography and BEATRANGER.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's the solution for non android phones?  My two year old Rumor has always had this issue?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you might have to do a reset on your phone. back up all your contact information and reset the phone.  i had the rumor and i dont remember ever having the issue with it. does it happen just here and there or does it happen while youre traveling? bouncing in and out of reception areas?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat