cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed latest Froyo OTA update and now my camera/camcorder does not load

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed latest Froyo OTA update and now my camera/camcorder does not load

so I checked for HTC software update and was offered Froyo I accepted and everything works excellent. when I launch the camera/camcorder it closes and goes back to home screen.  Anyone else experiencing this? Sprint can you please see if this is a known bug?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Try doing a soft reset... but leave your battery out for no less that two minutes... see if that works

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you've got a flashlight app from the market uninstall it. It will keep the camara/camcorder from loading.  You won't need it anyway because there's a really good flashlight app built into the 2.2 build.

Highlighted
Journeyman

2 reboots solved the issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Removing the flashlight app was spot on.  I had one called "LED Light" and my camera didn't work after update and removing the LED app fixed it immediately. No reboots required.  Thanks for that nugget.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where are you guys who have gotten the OTA Froyo update?  I am trying to gauge what regions the OTA is rolling out in.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Far Eastern PA

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat