cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 2.3 Gingerbread now a SAFE OS for EVO 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is 2.3 Gingerbread now a SAFE OS for EVO 4G?

My EVO is still running 2.2 Froyo. Thinking about updating my OS to 2.3 but not sure if it's still buggy. Could someone please confirm the bug issue or provide latest experience with 2.3 ?

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Updating to 2.3 was the worst mistake and made my phone a nightmare. Worst decision I made.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personallly the only bugs i randomly see are the sense reload issue and once i had the internal memory leak. thats about it. others have it more often than i do. if i remember right those where the main 2 that were happening. and with any update youre going to get bugs. and with that maintenance releases to fix said bugs...and with THAT not all bugs will be fixed.

hit and miss *shrug*

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Whatever you do, DO NOT UPDATE IT.  Android 2.3 has completely screwed my phone, HTC Sense resetting 15 odd times a day.  Stay on 2.2.

Have a read here:-

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/366132#366132

and here:-

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/383082#383082

Sprint know about the issues with that 'update', as do HTC.  THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING IN 7 MONTHS TO FIX IT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im glad i didnt update. I will never then as i suspected that it would be a wrong move for me. Froyo is good enough for me. I've added a lot of apps for better UI so I think it's good enough. Plus, I've never had any issues with froyo.   No reason for me to update to GB anyway.  Thanks all for the feedback...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat