cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having Bluetooth pairing issues? Mine is w/ a Range Rover

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone else having Bluetooth pairing issues? Mine is w/ a Range Rover

My Evo will pair with my Range Rover, but will not actually connect. It keeps asking for the code and when I enter it, the screen reads "handset disconnected"

I have tried this several times with the same result.

The EVO pairs and connects with my other car and Plantronics headset with no problem, and my other HTC Nexus One pairs and connects just fine with the Range Rover as well, so I'm thinking it's a compatibility issue. If so, I have until the 4th to return the EVO, but I don't want to be forced to do that.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Is anyone else having Bluetooth pairing issues? Mine is w/ a Range Rover

I am having the same issue paring with BMW X3 and gave up on it

I am waiting for FOYO upgrade to try it again

Journeyman

I have the same problem with my Acura TL. All other phones pair fine but have not been successful with the EVO.

Journeyman

My car doesn't have bluetooth built in, and I hate using the earpiece while driving.  I purchased the Blueant S4 bluetooth speakerphone, and it is working GREAT!!!  I can't wait for Android OS 2.2, so that I can do bluetooth voice commands - the S4 is already set to do that as soon as my Evo is updated.

Journeyman

I had to do some serious massaging to get my EVO to pair with my Prius.  It came down to what order I was doing things in (and honestly I dont recall at this point what that was, I did it 3 weeks ago).  But suffice to say it wasnt the most straightforward thing.  BTW, I also had to restart my phone in the process, because partway through it my phone simply refused to see my car anymore.

Journeyman

My other car is a 2010 Prius and it paired up fine.

Today I went to a Sprint repair store and they tried it and couldn't figure it out.

We have the right code and everything...

Journeyman

I am having problems with my 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I have three other phones that I had/have no problem hooking up. The EVO 4G is a pain, I am tired of trying and the battery life is terrible. I want my iphone back.

Message was edited by: grayfire

Journeyman

I'm having problems with my Acura TL.  The car refuses to acknowledge the phone is present, even though the phone is in discovery mode.

Wizard

vandegr2 wrote:

I'm having problems with my Acura TL.  The car refuses to acknowledge the phone is present, even though the phone is in discovery mode.

I was able to pair my EVO with BMW X3 today.

I realised that putting the phone in discovery mode is just half of the process. You need to put the car in pairing mode like the first time you did it.

It worked for me!

Journeyman

My Evo would not pair with my Cadillac,  It keeps asking for the code  but before I could input the code, the screen reads  "handset disconnected"

"paired but not connected."  The  Evo pairs and connects with my other car with  no problem. I found that I had too remove the other paired devices on

the Evo and then repair to your new car.

Wizard

reggwright51 wrote:

My Evo would not pair with my Cadillac,  It keeps asking for the code  but before I could input the code, the screen reads  "handset disconnected"

"paired but not connected."  The  Evo pairs and connects with my other car with  no problem. I found that I had too remove the other paired devices on

the Evo and then repair to your new car.

You have 2 options:

1. Delete the Cadillac profile and add again. I had to do it few times after applying OTA updates

2. A pop-up message may prevent you from entering the key. Press 'back' button and you should be able to enter the pairing key

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat